Chapter 78: Preparing For War

Start from the beginning

"Everything is in working order, your highness."

"Anamath, you don't have to keep saying your highness, you know? Just call me by my name."

Raizur was being unexpectedly courteous towards the high-ranking demon. known as Anamath. Well, that's because of one unexpected reason.

"O-okay . . . Brother Raizur," Anamath sheepishly mumbled.

Yes, the demon general known as Anamath was actually Raizur's little sister. Although they looked about the same age, Raizur was actually close to a hundred years older than her.

But, just because these two were siblings doesn't mean that Raizur gave Anamath her position. No, Anamath did her best just like the rest of the generals and she displayed spectacular results that earned her status.

Her skills with her greatsword outmatch even the strongest SSS monsters that come their way. She could even take on the majority of the other generals without even sweating.

"Hehehe! Looks like little Ana still can't be comfortable calling you that, huh?" The Santa bearded demon chuckled as he watched Anamath embarrass herself.

"S-shut up, Ozath!" Anamath sneered at the demon known as Ozath.

He paid no mind to her and returned his attention back to his King.

"It's good to see you, Raizur," He greeted him without formalities.

"It's a pleasure to see you as well, old friend."

They both laughed.

You see, like Anamath, Raizur has a connection with Ozath aside from being his general. Ozath was also Raizur's closest friend for as long as he can remember.

And, just like Anamath, he earned his position as Raizur's general through sheer hard work. He went through a lot of lengths to get to where he was right now.

"Anyway, I'm assuming nothing's happened at the moment?" Raizur asked.

"Yeah, nothing so far. It's getting pretty boring, to be honest."

"Heh! Don't worry, you'll have something to keep you occupied in a moment."

"I sure hope so! I haven't had a good fight in a while!" Ozath was obviously pumped for a good fight.

"As always, you only think about fighting when our King is standing in front of us." The female demon with the katana flatly said.

The others turned around to face her.

"You know, Sarron, if you lightened up a little bit, you might actually get Raizur to fall for you," Ozath teased.

"W-what?!" The demon general known as Sarron became flustered.

The demon known as Sarron was another close friend to Raizur. Although, their relationship was a little more . . . Complicated.

Sarron used to, or maybe still, has a crush on him. Before Raizur was a demon King and Sarron was his general, they were both close friends.

Raizur didn't know about Sarron's feelings for him until much later. Unfortunately, he found out after he was Demon King and appointed her as his general.

Since then, their relationship was a bit awkward. This didn't stop them from performing their duties but there were times when it did.

Ozath couldn't help but laugh at Sarron's embarrassing display. Sarron was angry at him and nearly chopped him in two until Raizur stepped in.

"Alright, I think that's enough!" He didn't make it much of an order, but he did raise his voice, which got all three generals back in their place.