CHAPTER 13

Days passed by swiftly, but Carla can't still get over about her nightmares. She wanted to read the other entries of the diary so that the questions that boggling her mind will be answered, but the diary is still missing.

"Eomonie, do I really need to wear this rag?" She looks at her uniform. Yes, today is the first day of class.

Her mother combs her hair. "Yes dear. I'm so proud of you. It's not a rag, it's a uniform. The uniform suits you well. Right yeobo?"

Her father gives them a thumb up. "Neomo yeoppo."

"Ahbuji." She pouts. "Let's go to my school."

"Don't forget to familiarize the place ne? And did you already take down notes on what to ride and where to go when you go home?" Her mother reminds her.

"Ne eomonie."

"Arasseo.Jalgayong!"

***

"Ahbuji, where's my jogging pants?" She smiles widely to her father as they take a sit on his car.

Her father points outside using his lips.

"I don't think you will need this one Carla." Her mother raises her paper bag. Her jaw drops as she sees it.

She looks at her father who just shrugs in return. "It's not my fault. She saw it."

"Aishhh!" She kicks her feet in frustrations.

"Trust me dear, you will not win over your mother." Her father chuckles as he sees her pouting.

***

"Carla!" Mi-Cha looks so beautiful in their uniform. They meet in the school's gate.

"Couz'." She shyly looks to her cousin. "I look awful right?" She stops when she sees Jonghyun walking towards them. "Annyeong oppa."

Jonghyun smiles at her. "Aigoo, I'm glad you wear your uniform Carla."

"'Dy. Don't you have a class? You'll be late." Carla notices that Mi-Cha is trying to make her and Jonghyun don't talk.

"Erghm, I—I'm going inside first couz'. Annyeong."

She feels sad as she turns her back. She forces herself to plaster a smile so that she can meet new friends. Aigoo, new friends, but girls, not boys.

She stops as she sees an old school in front of her. "Omo, what happened to the school?"

Carla sees Claudette walking from one of the classroom. Claudette? Why is Claudette here in my school? What's happening?

Regarder! (Watch it!) A voice whispers to her ears.

Carla wanted to move, but she freezes from her position. "Help! Help me!" But her voice is so tiny.

Claudette walks towards a boy standing while facing the back from her. Francois. It is Francois. He is holding a flower. He gives the flower as he kisses Claudette. They sneak. They run while they are in holding hands.

"Carla? Gwenchanayo?" Carla is startle as she sees Mi-Cha in front of her.

She gasps an air as she feels like she is running out of air. "N—Ne. I—I'm just nervous."

"Aigoo, don't be arasseo? Kaja. Let's get inside our classroom."

She nods as a reply. She looks around. It's a new school already. Her school.The modern school.What is happening to me? Am I cursed already? Is it true?

***

Her forehead ruffles as she reads the direction towards their house. "Where to ride a bus? Eodie? Eodie?" She mumbles. She is walking to familiarize the place. She decided to visit some establishments and tries to remember and familiarize the place. It is already twilight when she decided to go home.