CHAPTER 26

Jonghyun holds her waist as he helps her in getting up. "Aishh, look at your lovely feet."

"Gwenchana." She smiles to him. "Let me go home alone okay?"

She sees him frowning while raising a brow. "Did I hear it right?"

She nods innocently. "Wae? You think I will be lost again?"

Jonghyun shrugs his shoulders. "'Didn't say anything."

She pouts. "Ya! I know my way home. Don't you dare say any word, or else I won't talk to you."

"Ya, I'm just worrying about you. Let me take you home."

"NO." She shakes her head and looks at him with narrow eyes.

"Carla!"

"I said NO. Don't you know that your relationship with my cousin is already known to our place? People will just talk about it when they see you taking me home." She rolls her eyes.

"Tssk, you are just jealous." Jonghyun mumbles. "Arasseo! If that is what you really want. I'll just wait for you until you ride a cab, will that be okay?"

She signals him an okay sign.

***

She jumps as she sees an angry Claudette when she gets in her room. She looks scary.

"W—Why?"

"Ce pourquoi? Vous pensez que je ne sais pas!? Vous ne devriez pas être heureux! (What why? You think I don't know!? You should not be happy!) You can't have a love life! Do you know your consequences for this?"

She looks at her with pleading eyes. "G—Grand-mere, I—I know I made a deal with you not to touch my love ones lives in exchange of my own life. Please continue in not hurting my parents or even Jonghyun oppa. If you want, you take my life earlier than you planned, but spare them please? Him. I beg you grand-mere, let me at least love him discreetly even in that short span of time. I know that you know that I can't have him fully in real life even if I want to because of this curse. I already accepted that hurtful fact, even my death and the sorrow that those people who care for me will suffer later... But please, just to end your revenge to my family, throw all your anger to me and spare them."

Claudette glares at her. Carla suddenly feels a sudden twitching of her heart. She can't breathe. "G—Grand-mere..." She said in a faint voice.

"Assez! Ceci est votre punition! Comment osez-vous me poser cette! (Enough! This is your punishment! How dare you asking me that!) You are not going to be happy even the slightest feeling of it. I better take your life now. Je veux que vous souffrez! (I want you to suffer!) Suffer like what I experienced!"

"P—Please..."

"Mon arrière petite-fille... Laisser aller de son Claudette Alienor! (My great granddaughter... Let go of her Claudette Alienor!)" Carla and Claudette turn their heads to the one speaking. Carla's blurry vision didn't allow her to clearly see the ghostly figure.

Pain succumbs her body as she feels that she is being banged on a corner. Before she totally lost her consciousness, she hears her parents knocking outside her door.

***

Carla slowly gets up when she's awakened. She sees her parents' worried face while her mother's eyes are so fluffy.

"Why didn't you tell us that she is still haunting you? We thought she already forsake you!" Her mother's tears start to fall again.

She looks away while trying to cheer up. "Aniyo eomonie, I was just tired that is why—"