CHAPTER 10

"You are not going out Carla unless you change your clothes!" Her mother said in thundering voice. They are arguing because her mother doesn't like the clothes that she is wearing.

"Ahbuji..." She looks with pleading eyes to her father. Her father just tries to calm her down. She looks at her mother. "Eomonie... Why are you trying to meddle with my fashion? You are not like this before." She is already teary eyed.

Her mother sighs. "I just want you to act and look likes what a real girl should be dear... Like your cousin Mi-Cha." Her mother's voice starts to soften.

"Then you should have adopted her! Or not try making another daughter so that you will not meddle with—" Her face turns to the other side as she receives the slap that her mother gave her. Tears automatically fall from her eyes.

Her father runs towards her. "Yeobo, that is too much."

Her mother is taken aback. "Omo... I'm sorry dear."

"You—You slapped me?" She flips her mother's hands when she tries to hold her. Carla runs towards her room.

"Carla, sorry... Eomonie is so sorry for doing that." She heard her mother saying from the outside of her room. She can sense that she is crying too.

She covers her ears with the pillows as she continues sobbing. She heard her father calming down her mother. She is starting to get worried for her mother too since her mother has a panic attack disorder due to the previous accident that she experienced.

"Carla, I'm so sorry..."

After a short while, Carla gets up. She is not that a heartless daughter to the point of wanting to be the cause of pain to her parents. She changes her clothes to the clothes that her mother newly brought for her when she finds out that Jonghyun will bring her to a club.

She sighs as she looks at the mirror. Maybe I should get used to wearing these stuffs or else, I will make eomonie worried so much. I don't want her to suffer with that panic attack again. She said sadly as she repeats on pinning her hair since she keeps on pinning it clumsily.

She goes out to her room with a serious face. Her mother beams a smile the moment she sees her.

"You wear it!" Her mother said in amazement.

Her father ruffles her hair. "Beautiful dear. You got it from your father's natural beauty."

She pouts to her father. She feels awkward with the knee length aquamarine cocktail dress that she is wearing.

"Jamkaman." She sees her mother rushing towards upstairs.

"You are really beautiful Carla. You should wear dresses or other girly stuffs like what your mother said."

"Ahbuji!" She pouts. "I just don't like it that eomonie is hurting because of me." She murmurs. "How is eomonie ahbuji? Did she have episodes of panic attack?"

"Aniyo, but she drinks her med already, just in case."

She feels relieve as she heard it.

"Here." Her mother hands her a cute elegant black clutch bag with metal chain. She gets it while trying to guess what is inside of it. "I put some money there arasseo? So enjoy yourself. Omo, kedaryeo." She can feel her mother combing her hair and pinning it properly. "Say eehh..."

Carla frowns as she follows it. "Ehh..." Her eyes widen when she sees her mother holding a lipstick. "Aniyo eomonie! Lipstick is too much!"

"This is not a lipstick. Just a lip balm arasseo? Aigoo, you should know this dear. You are turning 19 and yet you are still ignorant with this thing?" Her mother reaches for her face and swiftly puts her lips with that lip balm. "Better."