CHAPTER 17

After a long silence, Carla gives in. "O—Okay, I'm sorry."

"Haven't I told you not to go out with that guy?" Jonghyun walks towards her.

She pouts. "Oppa is a good guy. There's nothing to worry about it."

"Nothing to worry? He's not like what you think."

"What is it that makes you so against about oppa? I've told you, nothing bad happened. In fact, oppa took good care of me." She tries to explain her best while defending Joon Ki.

Jonghyun sighs. "Did he corrupt your mind already?"

"Aniyo!" She raises her voice a little. She sighs as she realizes what she did. "Sorry oppa. Please, let's not fight over this okay?" She walks near to Jonghyun. She holds his hands.

"I'm sorry too. I—I'm just jealous." Jonghyun tucks her hair behind her ear.

She nods. "Gwenchana... Nado." She smiles sheepishly as she rests her head on his chest. Jonghyun hugs her.

"I should have informed you earlier oppa that Joon Ki oppa invited me out so that you won't be shock with it."

Jonghyun releases and looks at her. "Right, why did you not tell me then?"

She looks at him shyly. "Erghm, I was feeling bad after you called me. So I opted not to look at my cp."

"Aigoo, I'm sorry to hear that. I wish I can do anything." Jonghyun hugs her again.

"Jonghyun oppa, you promised that you won't do that arasseo?" She hides her sadness as she remembered what Mi Cha said about killing herself.

Jonghyun sighs. "Ne. I promise."

***

Carla stares at the diary placed just at the middle of her bed. "How did it get there?" She suddenly feels creepy.

Lire! (Read!)

She looks around. "No, I won't read it! It will only cause me nightmares!" She throws away the diary. She turns around when she feels a sudden cold thing behind her back. Her jaw drops when she sees Claudette Alienor.

"W—Why are you h—here? W—What do you want?" She said with a scared voice. She sits on her bed when she is stranded between Claudette and her bed.

"Vous me connaissez? (You know me?) Bravo!" Claudette claps.

She frowns. Why do I understand her? I don't know French right? "I don't understand you."

"Menteur! (Liar!) Of course, you understand me right? You are the reincarnation of Noemie's body Carla. Noemie... How are you?" Claudette smirks at her.

She looks at her with confusion in her eyes. "W—What? How? I don't even know her."

"Of course you wouldn't know since they kept it away from you. Noemie asked her family members to hide the truth from the fifteenth generation of your family since I cursed it."

"Curse? So the curse is true?"

"Absolument! (Absolutely!) Read the last part of the diary, arrière petite fille (great granddaughter). " Claudette laughs as she sees confusion in her eyes. She then vanishes as she submerged in the thin air.

"O—Oppa, I—I'm scared." She immediately said as she answers Jonghyun's call.

"What happened? Are you okay? Is everything fine there?" Jonghyun said with a worried tone.

She tells Jonghyun about what happened. She tells him every detail about it. "You are not thinking that I am crazy oppa right? Right? I'm so scared." She said with a trembling voice.