CHAPTER 36

"What are we going to do with this?" Joon Ki raises the diary that he gets from Mi Cha.

"Jamkaman oppa, let me read some few pages."

Carla quickly scans the few pages towards end. She feels bad about how Claudette describes everything. She narrated what happened and how devastating she was when her family turned their back on her. It was pretty obvious that her grandmother, Claudette, was so depressed at that time.

If only she had someone beside her who can help her... It was so sad that she ended her life without getting the justice that she always wanted.

She can feel a cold wind from her side. She feels relieve when she sees Noemie.

"Grand-mere." She smiles towards Noemie. She sees her smiling sadly while nodding at her.

"Huh? Who are you talking to yeobo?" Jonghyun looks at the direction to where she is staring at.

"They cannot see you grand-mere?" She asks her grandmother.

Noemie shakes her head. "No. You are the only one who can see me since you are my reincarnation."

Carla nods. "Noemie, my great great grandmother is here." She explains to the two boys when they look so puzzled.

"Il ne est pas important pour le moment. (It's not important for now.) You have to burn the diary quickly. I can sense that she is coming... Hoping to get it." Noemie said it while pointing the diary.

Carla nods. She looks at the two boys. "Can I have the lighter now?"

"Are you sure to do this?" Jonghyun asks her.

She looks at him with conviction in her eyes. "I have to. This is the only way, right?"

"Vous avez tort! (You are wrong!)" Carla's eyes widen when she sees Claudette. She looks furious.

"She's here!" She warns the two boys, pointing to them where Claudette is standing. "Palli, give me that lighter Joon Ki oppa!"

"Ne pas!!! (No!!!)" Claudette tries to get it from her, but Noemie is able to stop her.

She can't stop the tears from falling on her face. "Mianhe halmeoni. I'm really sorry for doing this, but I have to put an end on this. I hope that you will be at peace after all of these will end. I'm begging you, please rest in peace now." After saying this, she lights the diary and throw it in the barrel. She sees the fire slowly eating the whole book.

Carla looks at the direction where her two great great grandmothers are standing. She frowns when she can still see Claudette.

"I've told you. It's not gonna work." Claudette said triumphantly.

"What do you mean by that?" Carla is in shock.

"It's not the reason that makes me come back here in this world my dear. I'm sorry to tell you that." Claudette vanishes as she leaves her with an evil laugh.

"I'll follow her." Noemie also vanishes as she said it.

She sits on the ground as she feels hopeless. "What does it mean?" She whispers.

"Gwenchana?" Jonghyun attends to her.

"Oppa... She's still here." She said in a scared voice.

"Mwuh? How come?" Joon Ki asks her. Jonghyun and Joon Ki helps her to take a sit.

"Meolla. She said, 'It's not the diary that made her come back here in this world.'"

"What will it be then?" Jonghyun asks confusingly.

"Je crois que je sais à ce sujet. (I think I know about it.)" Noemie said as she reappears beside Carla.

"Quoi? (What?)" Carla turns her gaze to her grandmother.

"I believe that it's no longer the diary that keeps on holding her here. It's Mi Cha." Noemie said in a worried tone.

"Huh? But... But... How are we going to solve it grand-mere?"

"Honnêtement, je ne sais pas. (I honestly don't know.) I think there is something that Mi Cha is holding in exchange for her soul."

"Mais qu'est-ce grandmere? (But what is it grandmother?)" Carla asks while looking at the burnt diary.

"Nous devons le découvrir. (We have to find that out.) Let me find out if my guess is correct." Noemie vanishes again after saying it.

Carla looks to the boys. "Halmeoni thinks that there's something that Mi Cha is holding in exchange to her soul that she sold to Claudette. We have to find it out the soonest. Whatever it is, we need to destroy it. It's what keeps Claudette to stay here now, rather than the diary."

"I'll try to check on it." Joon Ki suggests.

"No oppa. Claudette already knows that you are our colleague. She or Mi Cha will avoid you now."

"I think I can do it."

They turn their heads to Jonghyun.

Carla frowns. "What are you planning to do oppa?"

"You trust me right?" Jonghyun asks her seriously.

She nods. "I do."

"Good." Jonghyun kisses her forehead. "I'll try to win Mi Cha's heart again."

"Mwuh?!" She shakes her head.

"Uh-oh, I think I don't want to hear you arguing over that thing. I'll go inside and get something to drink. I'm thirsty." Joon Ki winks at them before leaving them behind.

"You can't do that. I won't allow you to do that." Carla refuses by shaking her head many times. "Do you think she will believe you right away? Besides, it is very dangerous. Claudette is there. She is capable of doing anything."

"Just let me try." Jonghyun utters with conviction in his voice. "I want to help you ease your burdens. And I believe, this is the only way to find out the truth yeobo. Please, just endure it a little." He kisses her forehead while trying to reassure her.

Carla's tears stream down. "No. No." She looks at Jonghyun's eyes. She can see that he is already convinced of his suggestion. "I don't know." She whispers in the end.

"Yeobo, listen to me. I love you so much and I will always love you. I'm doing this because I want to help you, hmmm?" He hugs her tightly.

Carla gives in and nods. "What shall we do now?"

"I hate to say this, but in the next few days, we have to separate. I mean, just acting that we separate. Of course, Mi Cha or Claudette still wants their revenge to you by means of getting me back from you. So in order for them to believe it, we need to sacrifice. You have to be Joon Ki's girlfriend for the meantime, while me, I'll allow Mi Cha to get near me if she'll know that we break up."

"Oppa..." Just thinking of them separating although it's not true, breaks Carla's heart. It brings so much pain to her already.

"I know this is hurting for both of us yeobo, but please remember that you will always be the girl for me. I love you so much yeobo." Jonghyun kisses her passionately.

She returns the kiss with the same intensity. Carla hugs him tightly afterwards. Not letting go of him. "I love you too so much oppa. I'll try to endure the pain and thank you for doing this for me."

Jonghyun nods. "You're welcome. This is not only for you, this is also for me. I want this to end as soon as possible because seeing you in pain makes me in pain too. If this is the only way to solve everything in exchange of the short separation that we must endure, then, I am willing to do it."

"I understand oppa. Just... Just be careful arasseo?" Carla smiles sadly. I also must endure it so the end will come soon.

"I promise that I will. Afterall, I want to go back to you the soonest." Jonghyun said while holding her hands. He kisses both of her hands as he promised.

After that, the two shared a kiss again under the gloomy moonlight.