1

*this book contains strong themes of self harm, drinking, drugs and family issues too*

"I'm not staying here," the girl stated, her words slurring as she slumped in the chair. Her mind was foggy, she'd woken up by her dad, in a white room, and was brought here.

In the past forty eight hours, she'd been at the club with some mates having a blast- as she would say.

Her dad knew they weren't her mates though.

"I'm not letting you come home Freya," her dad growled, stopping her from pushing her chair back. The guards knew she wasn't strong enough for that anyway.

To Freya, the room was spinning. Her hands were shaking. The rush was still in her veins, running up and down to every organ, sending sparks across her body.

"You're gonna lock me up like some psycho?"

"I'm not locking you up. I'm protecting you,"

Her dad knew it was there right thing to do, and so did the woman he was paying thousands to so that his baby girl was safe.

He hardly saw her anymore though, and when he did it wasn't truly her, so walking away would be easy.

"Why didn't you bother before you got famous?"

"Goodbye Freya,"

She thrashed her legs about, screaming and hitting the wooden desk in front of her. The woman infront was distorted but Freya hated the cold look on her face as two guards took hold of her.

She was usually the one in control- so she thought.

Nobody cared that she was screaming.

In pain from the cuts.

In fear from being alone.

In anger from being taken away, and forced into this place where she thought she was considered mental.

One of the guards forcefully stood her up, her immediate reaction being to spit on him. What else would she do?

The room was spinning. Her hands were shaking. The rush was still in her veins, running up and down to every organ, sending sparks across her body.

The last thing she really remembered was the flashing lights of Lucia Street's club. The fake id had worked, and she'd caked herself up so much that the 17 year old looked 18 at least. It wasn't hard.

With a fake name, no one knew her as Freya Ward, the actor Jack Ward's daughter- she was Freya Curt.

Just Freya.

Just how she liked it.

She knew someone's eyes were burning into her as she continued to scream, resisting as best as possible and starting to slam herself on the ground.

Luke, a boy who had once been in a similar position- just less out of it- looked down the hallway as Michael took him to group therapy. Calum stood waiting at the door, his therapist trusting him to get there alone.

He knew the girl was new, because she wouldn't be resisting if she wasn't. And he'd seen her in the ward earlier.

As soon as the girl started hitting her head, she was pinned down. Luke knew what was about to happen, so did Michael, who was trying to distract his patient so he didn't see the commotion. It could be quite distressing for them.

One prick in her arm and she was out.