5. Samson or Delilah?

Here is a fun story, do you remember the story of Samson? Strongest guy in the Bible? No man could defeat him. He killed a lion with his bare hands! God gave him a few commands to follow, and he did, for the most part..
Here comes a Delilah, a small and cunning woman. A few days of her tears and pestering, and Samson gave up his secrets of where his strength came from. She used the secrets/knowledge to defeat him because she was working with the enemy against him.
(Satan knows where our weak areas are and will use anything  to attempt to derail us.) Samson's mistake here led to his death, he failed the test God gave him.

Let's pick up here in judges, as Samson is bound, eyes gouged out, being led to his death.

Judges‬ ‭16:28-30‬
"Then Samson called to the LORD, saying, "O Lord GOD, remember me, I pray! Strengthen me, I pray, just this once, O God, that I may with one blow take vengeance on the Philistines for my two eyes!" And Samson took hold of the two middle pillars which supported the temple, and he braced himself against them, one on his right and the other on his left. Then Samson said, "Let me die with the Philistines!" And he pushed with all his might, and the temple fell on the lords and all the people who were in it. So the dead that he killed at his death were more than he had killed in his life."

There's three trains of thought here:

1. God is a God of the second chance. Samson pleaded with God for a second chance, and in that second chance he was far more victorious in his than he was in his whole life. We have all failed in life before. In school, jobs, relationships, decisions, attitudes and behavior...pray to God and ask for a second chance! Second chances can be redemption.
2. Where in your life have you had a Delilah? Or is there a Delilah in your life right now? It doesn't even have to be a person. It can be a habit, an attitude, the internet or addiction. Get rid of it! Cast it out, run away! While God does give second chances, we need to avoid falling into those traps when we can.
3. Now, are you a Samson or Delilah? We need to examine ourselves and make sure that we aren't bringing anyone around us to destruction. Be a Samson, who always tries to go after God and do Gods will no matter how he fails.

****
Thanks for reading! May you walk righteously and victoriously like Samson before his fall. 

Volume 2जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें