Chapter 62: For Once We Didn't Do Anything

Start from the beginning

The guards who looked quite strict with frowns, smiled upon my answer. "We wanted to invite the Straw Hats to the palace for a feast to thank them for saving our princess's pet!"

We stared at them for a moment before relaxing, I even offered a small smile. "That's weird, but who can resist that? You guys got oranges? Navel oranges?"

Then guards blinked then slowly nodded.

"Sake?" Zoro grunted, the guards giving the same response. Instantly a grin tugged at Zoro's lips. "Yosh. Let's go."

Who would have thought we were invited for a feast?

This likely will be a trap, one which Luffy will fall for quickly. At least this way Zoro and I will be there for help counter any traps.

Hopefully.

.........................................

While I knew I should have expected it, it still unnerved me that the palace was surrounded by water. One wrong move and all they had to do was shove Zoro and I outside the palace. The palace, to put it simply, was giant and colorful. It was definitely something I would be drawing later in my sketchbook.

When we made it into the palace Zoro and I were escorted to the dining hall. There they provided what we wished for. In this case all we wanted was sake and oranges.

Perhaps this wasn't a trap after all.

"I apologize," A fishman said, he had a long mouth and somewhat resembled a seahorse. "Our king just left to retrieve your friends himself." He appeared quite tense at the news he just shared, but nevertheless he offered a apologetic smile.

I waved my hand dismissively, "No sweat! Oh! Do you have a transponder snail? I gotta make a call."

"Of course, I'll have a maid bring it to you. Please let us know if you need anything else." The seahorse fishman said before turning and leaving.

Zoro rose an eyebrow at me, "Who do you need to call?"

"My brother's and Uncle." I answered, peeling another orange. These weren't cold like the oranges at the bar, but they slightly more sour taste. "I almost forgot to call them, and I don't like that they nag me now. When I called them earlier they nagged me for half an hour!"

Zoro hummed nodding to himself for a moment. Then he looked at me, "So your name really is Mitsu then?"

I blinked at the question before frowning and nodded. A long sigh escaped me. "Yeah, but I don't really feel like Mitsu. I haven't had those memories for years, so being Katsu just stuck. Now, even with those memories, I just feel like I don't deserve..." I groaned, placing my head on the expensive looking table. "Never mind, this dosen't make much sense. I'm sorry."

I could feel Zoro looking at me before he shifted, most likely shrugging before he crossed his arms. "Whatever. Don't worry, nobody in the crew will start calling you Mitsu unless you tell us to." He paused before adding. "Also, there is no need to deserve a name. Besides that, you deserve whatever name you want."

I paused, staring at the table. For such a hot grumpy man, he could say some nice things. Turning my head I looked at Zoro. His arms were crossed and a cup of sake was clenched in one hand as he relaxed against the back of the chair. Upon feeling my stare, he opened his eye and looked at me.

Letting out a breath, I sat back up and stretched my arms. Feeling myself relax a little I smiled at Zoro. "Thanks." I yawned then leaned against the swordsman, who grunted when my head rested on his shoulder.

That definitely was more comfortable than the table like I thought. Thankfully the muscles didn't stop him from being somewhat comfortable.

"What are you doing?" He rumbled, looking down at me with a frown.