"It's fine. You don't really have anything to apologize for," I shook my head at him, "And you were right, I was indeed either plotting Brody's death or glaring at James."

He raised an eyebrow at me, "I thought dad was your best friend?"

"He is," I insisted, huffing, "It is just that, he pulled me away from my friends and made me sit at the front to hear Mr. Martinez's boring lecture, not to mention, he pulled me onto the stage with you guys as well," I explained the reason behind why I had been mad at James that day.

"How did you guys become friends again?" Christopher asked, looking at me with a curious expression on his face.

I instantly looked away from him and shrugged, "Why don't you save that question for James, or even Paige?"

When I looked back at the two brothers before me, they looked dumbfound, "You know our mom?" Christopher blinked.

I smiled and nodded, "She practically calls me her daughter."

Before either of them could respond though, a shrilly voice cut them off, "Christopher, baby!"

I swear I saw Matthew wince at that. I turned to my side just in time to see a blonde push herself onto Christopher and jump into his arms, plastering her lips to his, practically attacking his face. I immediately grimaced and turned towards Matthew, hoping to God that he would talk to me and make this situation less awkward, but unfortunately for me, he had already turned away from me and had his back turned to me now.

From what I had been able to see of her face, I think I had an idea who she was. She must be Elena Morgan, she was Christopher's infamous girlfriend of two years who according to New York Today had the man wrapped around her little finger. He would even pull the sky under her feet, if she asked. According to the tabloids, he was so in love with this woman that he didn't even care about his image and attacked paparazzi people a few months back for trying to stop her by catching her wrist while they had been returning back to their car after a date night.

While Christopher was without a doubt, a handsome man, Elena was an equally beautiful woman. She was an actress, who had perfect blonde hair that reached past her shoulder, cascading down her back beautifully. Her face, even though caked with a lot of makeup, didn't look odd, at all. In fact, on her face that lined blue eyes, bright red lips and all those caked makeups looked so well in place. Only she can pull that look off. Her perfectly manicured and painted nails were dazzling in the chandelier's light as she placed her hands on either side of Christopher's face, kissing him like there was no tomorrow.

When they both pulled apart, they both had eyes only for each other as they grinned, "When did you get here?" Christopher asked, still looking breathless and absolutely love struck.

"Just got here," she chirped, grinning at him, "And as soon as I entered this ballroom, I came running to you."

"Good," Christopher pulled her close to him, kissing her nose once; showing everyone who was still gaping at them just how much in love with this woman he was.

Elena turned to look at me, a glare in her eyes, but it was soon gone, a smile lighting up her face, a smile that I found was so fake. I work in a cafe for God's sake; I was trained in fake politeness and fake smiles as well. I can smell fake from about a mile away and with Rebecca always around at work, it is not really something difficult for me.

She looked at me and then looked at Christopher who was still looking at her like a love sick loon, "Who's this? Come on, babe. Don't be rude. Introduce us."

I smiled at Christopher as soon as his head snapped to mine, showing him that I didn't think anything bad. There were no hard feelings that he had resorted to such a display in front of me and his brother, and forgot about us. Speaking of his brother, he still had not bothered to turn around and face us. This must be as awkward to watch for him as it was for me.