Social Media Madness

The story begins on March 1st of 2019, a day which had much to offer for the busy Ulvaeus household. It was not that there was an important occasion at all, but just that it is just an ordinary day for that large family of theirs.

The sun glistened through the few clouds breaking into the new hotel and restaurant called Slottsholmen where Björn had spent much of his time bringing this new journey of his to life, and it was quickly becoming a successful spot for people to meet, hang and for professionals to work together. He was so wrapped up in his meetings that he had almost forgotten his family will all be joining in together at his home back in Stockholm and he and his daughter were meant to have been back on their way perhaps an hour ago.

It was a fairly recent promise that was made by his children to remain in connect despite any challenge or commitments they have of their own. Naturally their lives were productive, and it was never not this way. It's also not so often that they all come together, and especially now, with the fast pace of the times. Björn's children had their lives, and their lives revolved around their children's. It was concluded in a very obvious matter, family is the most important to them, so why shouldn't they be all brought together to slow down the pace, at least for the little while?

Finally, Björn and his daughter packed their things and left the business aside for the day to make the trip back from Västervik to Stockholm.

"You're late, Björn. They'll be here any minute now," he heard his wife of 38 years greet him the moment he walked through the door of the kitchen.

"Yes, I know. Sorry, but I lost track of time." Lena looked at her husband not shocked and not so surprised. Björn was a workaholic and she knew it when she married him. She only wished he'd pay more attention when it came to family matters, especially when it is the other half of his family that'll be joining, too, including his ex-wife, Agnetha.

That grand gathering Björn and Lena hosted had turned up to go well. It was their turn this month to invite all of the children and grandchildren for dinner. The large yellow house quickly filled with spouses, running children, and laughing company with the wonderful detail that weather had been on their side– the first time in so long. Björn turned to his daughter in the midst of a light thought at the distant interaction between the kids.

"Anna?"

"Hm?"

"What's going on? You're much quieter tonight. You weren't like that earlier. Are you fine?"

"Yeah," she sighed and locked her iPhone, dropping it into her lap. She placed her hand over her growing bump before starting again.

"You know, no, actually I'm not alright." She had a running mind all day after making an Instagram post. "I posted a photo of your book, the one about you and mom meeting and your fans– many of Agnetha's fans were commenting about you and her forever and whatnot."

Björn listened quietly, not really ever predicting it could have been that. He wasn't fond of knowing fans were involved in his children's lives. What's private should be private. They have the right to that. He looked over 30 ft away at his ex-wife sitting with his and her son, Christian, and their grandchildren.

"I'm sorry, darling. I don't want it to upset you. Just ignore it all. You know how fans can be at times."

"No, but I can't. I had to see those pages. I spent much of the day going through some of them, here and there, and you wouldn't believe the things I've seen." By this time, everyone was approaching in laughter, not aware of the conversation between Björn and his daughter.

"Anna, don't think much of it. It's all old."

"No, no. They've come up with the strangest things I never knew could exist," she explained. "There's an entire world of fan writers writing stories about you... about all of ABBA. Have they nothing better to do?"