27: Gone

"Javi was still in junior high, but he's studying self defenses already. He's much comfortable with holding guns, but Trift suggested that Javi should not be assigned on the filth. "

"So he could be Serenity's life assistance then? "

Halos maibuga ko ang pagkain na kanina pang nasa bibig ko. I look at my mom with disbelief.

"What were you saying? Mind explaining it to me? " I asked, emphasizing every words.

I'm mad. So mad that I wanted to flip this damn table right now.

Both me and Javi looks so clueless with everything, but Trift... he look so calm. And that calm face annoys me more!

"Serenity, you're soon to be the head of the Draylen mafia. You need this- "

"You didn't talk to me about this yet! I didn't agree on this! "

Gusto kong magwala. How can they do this to me? Matagal ko nang sinasabi sa kanila na ayaw ko.

I don't want that kind of life. I don't want to live stepping on people's lives just to get to the top. I don't want to get filth on my hands just to survive.

"You have no choice, Serenity. You're our daughter. And Trift already agree on this. He will be your guide. Apat na taon na syang nag tatrabaho sa mafia- "

"I don't want this! " I stood up and look at my father who's just silently sitting and looking at me with his blank expression. "Pa... " I pleaded. Pero napaupo rin ako sa panghihina nang mapagtantong wala syang balak na ipagtanggol ako kay mama.

"Accept your fate, Serenity. And Cela Iñigo were good. Hindi nila ilalagay sa panganib ang buhay mo. They have been the Draylen mafia's guard dog for 15 years. "

Para akong tinakasan ng katinuan sa narinig.

Pasikip nang pasikip ang dibdib ko nang tumingin ako kay Trift.

His eyes turned apologetic.

And I hate it.

"Trift... you... " I couldn't utter a word.

Parang tinatakasan ng hangin ang buo kong katawan.

My heart felt so heavy that I felt like it would burst any minute.

All this time he knew that this will happened... all this time... fuck!

"Sabi mo 4 years nang nagtatrabaho si Trift sa mafia? " baling ko sa tatay ni Trift.

I felt my mom's hand on my thighs as if she's stopping me.

"Yes, ija. But it was just occasionally. He's really assigned to be the mafia's guard dog when you become the head. " he smiled, but I'm so pissed that I couldn't afford to smile back.

"What do you do for the mafia? " baling ko kay Trift at seryoso syang tinignan.

I saw how his body quiver from the shock when I suddenly asked him.

"Ibara- "

"What?! "

He sigh and suddenly, a different Trift Cela Iñigo appeared in front of me.

His eyes looks so merciless. He looks so brute.

Far away from the masochist that he told me he is.

"I killed tons of people who go against the mafia. I engraved the mafia's symbol on their body and cut the tongues of those who begged to continue their lives. It was part of the job, para makasigurado na hindi sila magsusumbong- "

"You fucking asshole! How could you... "

I felt my eyes tearing up. Nakita ko ang pagtayo ni Trift pero mabilis kong itinaas ang kamay ko para pigilan sya na lumapit sa'kin.

I won't let those hands touch me... those filthy hands that I hate the most.

"I couldn't believe that you're saying those words with a straight face. " mapait akong ngumiti.

My body was shaking from anger, at kita ko ang pag aalala at lungkot sa mga mata ni Trift.

"Ibara... it's just a part of our job. I'm a Cela Iñigo... it was our job- "

"Don't talk to me! Please... " I looked up to stop the tears from falling.

Nang binalik ko ang tingin kay Trift ay nakita ko kung gaano nag aalala ang mga mata nya.

Those eyes who looks so pained and sad...

I badly wanted to caress his face and ask him if these were just a dream... but I knew this day would really come.

At ito na 'yun. Yung araw na pinakakinatatakutan ko.

"Don't you ever show your face to me again. " every words that escaped from my mouth felt like knives that reaps my tongue.

Nakita ko kung paano nanlaki ang mga mata ni Trift sa gulat.

I saw how his eyes turned more sad and hurt...

But before he could even say a word that would prolly change my mind, I stormed out.

Without looking back.

Sobrang sikip ng dibdib ko na halos hindi na 'ko makahinga. I couldn't even feel my feet touching the ground. Parang namamanhid ang buo kong katawan dahil sa sakit.

We're so happy yesterday... we even kissed. We took tons of pictures and shared tons of laughter and smiles... how could this happened?

We're just in the middle of making good memories, but now it's all gone.