1: One of them

This story is the second generation of My Girl is a Gangster. You can still understand the story even if you haven't read MGIG, but if you're interested, you can visit my profile.

Stay safe and have a blessed day everyone! Enjoy reading! :))

◎◎◎◎

I was looking at my reflection on the mirror when my mother enters the room. Nakita ko mula sa salamain kung paano lumapad ang ngiti nya nang makita ako.

"I can't wait to see your father's reaction if he saw you like this. " she stood next to me and put some strands of my hair at the back of my ear.

Ngumiti ako pabalik kahit na kinakain na ng kaba ang buong sistema ko.

I'm wearing a blood red floor-length dress. Tube ito na pa-V ang pagkaka-backless at kapares nito ang itim kong 3 inches Chanel pumps. The gown fits perfectly to my body that it shows my curves. Sa kanang kamay ko naman ay ang itim na mesh glove na abot lang sa aking pulsuhan, habang ang kaliwa naman ay wala.

"You're really a woman now. Ilang taon kana nga,  anak? "

I almost rolled my eyes when I heard my mother's question. Sinong nanay ang hindi alam ang edad ng sarili nilang anak?

But then, our definition of family is far away from society's definition of a normal family. We're a Draylen after all.

"19, ma. "

"Oh, I remember! Kaka celebrate nga lang pala ng eighteenth birthday mo last year. We held a party for you, right? "

Pasimple kong iniwas ang mukha ko nang balak nyang patungan ng pulang lipstick ang labi ko. I honestly doesn't like red though it's the perfect color for my skin— they said. Napilitan lang talaga ako ngayong gabi.

"I celebrated my birthday with my friends, ma. We didn't held a party. I refused, remember? " paalala ko at mukhang naalala nya din 'yun.

She awkwardly laugh and shook her head. "I'm sorry, Serenity. You know, me and your father were always- "

"You're always busy to the point that both of you almost forgot that you have a child. It's all fine, ma. I'm used to it. " hindi ko na sya hinintay na magsalita at naglakad na 'ko papunta sa pinto.

My mother's butler open the door for me and I can hear her heels ticking when it touches the floor— a sign that she's following me.

"Serenity- "

"Let us all welcome, Cynich Draylen! " rinig kong announced ng emcee at kasunod nun ay ang mga palakpakan ng mga tao.

I wanted to shook my head in disbelief and sarcastically with all this nonsense.

Lahat ng tao sa hall... all of them were just here for money and power. All of them wanted to be friends with my family for power.

"... with his beloved wife and daughter, Jestin Draylen and Serenity Ibara Draylen! "

Agad na sumalubong sa'kin ang nakakasilaw na ilaw nang humawi ang malaking kurtina sa harapan ko. My mother immediately clung her arm on my arm and smile on the crowd.

She even kissed my cheeks, not minding if there's a hundred of people watching us.

Hindi ako makapaniwalang ngumiti at bahagyang umiling para pigilan ang sarili sa pagtawa.

Oo nga pala. Kailangan namin umaktong perpektomg pamilya sa harap ng ibang tao...

"You're a Draylen, Serenity, so you should act like one! "

unfortunately, I'm one of them.