*Part 1*

Veronica
"Don't do this" he cried, tears streaming down his face. I simply looked up at him with sorrowful eyes and a face covered by hot tears before breathing out goodbye and walking out the door.

Leaving New York had never been the plan but I can't deal with all the pressure, with my job and Mark, so I have no choice. I just want to get away for a bit. I want to go home.

I keep telling myself this anyway all through the plane ride before I am finally snapped out of my thoughts by the captain saying "Please put your seatbelts back on we will be arriving in Riverdale shortly."

————————————————

After my long flight I am starving and what's  a better way to start my stay in Riverdale than to grab a meal from Pops. As I walk through the entrance the familiar sound of the bell rings out and pop looks over to me with a shocked yet delighted expression. "Veronica" he calls out "I haven't seen you in years, please let me pay for your meal." I am in no position to argue so I ask for a chocolate milkshake and make my way through the booths to a familiar beanie wearing prince.

I sit down across from jughead and he finally lifts up his face from his computer to say something but stops as soon as he sees it's me.

After a few seconds I break the silence by saying "It's rude to stare" and just like that the spell is broken and he chuckles lightly. "Veronica Lodge, didn't think I'd see you here ever again."
"Neither did I" I reply, thinking back to how distraught I had been when I left Riverdale.
"Doesn't matter anymore, how have you been?"
I shake off the question with a simple "fine", not wanting to go much into it and instead decide to ask him about what happened after I left.
"Nothing much" he shrugs before quickly adding "I assume you know Betty and Archie are getting married this Summer."

At this my throat tightens and my eyes open wide, which I assume he notices because he nervously laughs, scratching the back of his head before saying "whoops, I just assumed you would have been invited."
"I guess not" I say. "You know I really thought you and Betty would be forever"
"Me too" he says slightly sadly "but after that thing that happened before you left, it was never the same and two months after you left she broke up with me."
The booth fills with an awkward silence but pop breaks it by handing me my milkshake. I finish it pretty quickly and jughead looks at me impressed. "I should get going I say, I've had a long flight"
I get up but as I do jughead follows.
"May I walk the raven haired princess home" he jokes.
"Indeed" I say as we laugh and head outside, my suitcase trailing behind me.

—————————————-
A/N
Hope you enjoy the first chapter, this is my first au but I hope you like it.

What was the thing that happened before she left?? Any guesses.

I might update later tonight or tomorrow