Chapter 12.1

Mulai dari awal

" Is everything okay ? Why aren't you inside ? "

She looked up to you, her face still all red.

" I'm about to tell Junsu that I don't want to be friends. "

" Why ? "

" Because... I want to be more than friends. "

You smiled. So Chanyeol had been right.

" But I'm scared that he doesn't want it and that he won't play with me anymore. Or not even talk to me ! "

" Do it, Nari. Tell him. "

" Why ? Why should I risk loosing him as my best friend ? "

" Because... " You sat down next to her. " Life doesn't wait for you. Life just happens. And if you hesitate, if you hold your feelings back and don't take chances, one day it might be too late. So just let those feelings out. And enjoy it. Enjoy every minute of it, Princess. "

" Did you do it like this too ? Did you let your feelings out ? Because you're still single, auntie."

That made you laugh a little.

" No... I didn't, Nari. Unfortunately I hesitated too long when it comes to the person I really liked. That's why I'm telling you this. "

Nari stood up.

" I'm going to do it. I'm going to tell Junsu. "

You nodded and stood up as well. Nari was about to go when she turned back to you.

" That person you really liked... It's daddy, isn't it ?"

She smiled at you and you almost choked on your own spit.

" B-by the way, where's your mum ? "

" She said she was going to get some apple juice. "

Oh no, not apple juice.

" I'll be right back ! "

You found Sooyun at the little bar at the end of the long corridor. Besides her there was no one there. She was drinking champagne out of a bottle.

" Oh no, you didn't start daydrinking again, did you ? "

" Who do you think I am ? I was done with that a long time ago. "

" Sooyun-ah, I'm worried about you. "

You took the bottle away from her. Alcohol-free ?

" Why ? I've never felt better. "

She smiled at you. You had to admit she looked good. Really good...

" What happened ? "

" Kyungsoo and I got divorced. "

" What ? "

" Things never worked out between us. They never will. And the one who had to suffer most because of everything that happened was Nari. And... you, Y/N. "

Did she say you ?

" But no one told me... when did you... ? "

" Three months ago. Kyungsoo begged me not to tell you. I guess he didn't want you to think of him as a failure. He cares so much about you. But I couldn't do this anymore. That play pretend game."

You saw a tear running down her cheek.

" A long time ago I pushed myself between two friends who are meant to love each other. I destroyed this love. Allthough I knew they belonged together, I did those terrible things. I was being terrible to you. Though you are the one Kyungsoo should spend his life with, Y/N-Ah. You always have been."