" What do you mean ? "

" I heard what happened. "

" Who told you ? "

" Chanyeol. "

Since when did he and Chanyeol talk about this kind of thing ?

" It was the right thing to do ", you mumbled.

" Yes I know. "

" You know, I'm busy so.... "

" Didn't you tell me you were sleeping ?"

" I was ! And that's why I need to go."

" So what are you ? Busy or sleeping ?"

" Goodbye, Kyungsoo."

" Come on, Y/N. What are you doing ? You're probably lying on your bed with only one leg covered so it won't be too hot. "

He knew you well.

" But still wearing pink socks with your pajamas. Oh and are those little doggies on your pants ? "

" Wait... ? How do you know what... "

" Turn around. "

You did as he told you. And you saw him through the window, standing on the balcony. His beautiful face and hair all wet from the rain which came down on him.

You quickly opened the door.

" Kyungsoo ! What are you doing here ? "

You quickly let him in and closed the door behind the two of you. To your surprise the fact that he was here made the hole in your heart feel smaller immediately.

" You aren't really asking me that, are you ? I've known how to climb up here since I was a six-year old."

" How did you even find me ? "

„ I knew it was the only place where you'd go. We used to sleep head to toe in this room. Remember ? "

You looked around the room and old memories seemed to fill it.

Of course.....

„Y/N... how are you doing ? You look..."

" Zombie-ish ? Yeah, I already know that. "

You laughed, but Kyungsoo seemed to know that is was more fake than real.

" You still love him, don't you ? "

" I do. But... it just won't work out. Not with him. Not with me. "

And then you decided finally not to drown yourself in your own sorrows anymore.

" Kyungsoo, listen. I bet you don't have much time. So I don't want to spend it talking about my divorce. "

" In fact I have plenty of time. "

" Plenty of time means... ? "

" A whole week Mantequilla. "

This was when you couldn't hold it anymore. You jumped on him with a big bear hug, squirming with joy.

" I'm scared. ", you said when you two laid on your bed and watched the little stars and planets on the ceiling wander up and down. Your parents had installed this when you had still been a toddler, and you didn't doubt that it was one of the many small reasons why you were such a curious and philosophical person. You grabbed a chocolate bar from your nightstand and nibbled it slowly.

" What would you be scared of ? "

" You know. When we went to elementary school I kept looking at all the middle school students and thought about how wise they were. When we were in high school I thought, okay, I'm still not as wise as I want to be, but there's still plenty of time. And I imagined how much about life we would know when we would be done with university. And now I'm 26, and I barely know anything about anything. It's even worse. I'm right where I once started. Maybe we're just not supposed to arrive where we want to be. "