▹22◃

South London.

"Let me go."

It was another attempt, another beg and something pointless. I had learnt that no matter how many times I begged, fought or tried to escape, William was not going to let me go. 

"Oh shut up."

I sat on the floor, breathing heavily as if I was going to faint. Lately I had felt nothing but sickness and wanted nothing more than to go home. I wanted Harry to burst through those doors, and get me out of here. But there was no sign of him. It had been nine days, and Halstead had left threats to Harry, but he had not replied to a single one.

Maybe he wasn't coming for me. 

"Get up."

I got on my feet, wiping the blood trickling down my cheek. After I had refused to help William plot against Harry, he did not taken it lightly was one way for it. Everyday he reminded me how Harry wasn't coming for me, beat me and degraded me to nothing. And as I slowly waited in despair I felt like nothing. I felt emotionless. 

William gripped my arm and stopped by a door, glaring down at me. "Try anything, and I'll snap your pretty little neck." Gulping I nodded, as he yanked the door open dragging me outside. The light was burning, as I blinked to adjust to the brightness. The noise of cars buzzed around me, and the clapping of people walking on the pavement. 

I was outside.

I wanted to run, but I felt so weak and tired that I physically could not even bring myself to try. Not to mention the threat of William killing me. I wouldn't be surprised if he did, in fact I bet he would do it in an instance. 

I whimpered as he pulled me into a car, the same two men from the first day sitting in the front. I sat in the car, aware the doors were locked as I sniffled. I was curious as to where we were going, but didn't dare question it. William didn't seem to pay attention to me, too busy on his phone rather than paying attention to anything. 

We were leaving the city, perhaps just on the outskirts. I wasn't even sure anymore, it had been so long since I was outside. The car though suddenly came to a stop, making me jolt. That seemed to grab William's attention as he looked up frantically before furrowing his brows. 

"Why have we stopped? Where the fuck are we?" 

I sat trembling, before letting out a terrified scream when the car window at the front busted. Two bullets flying to the men's head, their blood covering me. "Get down!" William yelled, shoving me to the ground as I covered my face. My hands were trembling, this whole scene reminding me of the car accident. The car accident that he started. 

I looked at William, who was trying to figure out his next move. But I had already figured mine out. Even though someone was trying to kill us? Him? I didn't even know, but anything would be better than sitting in this car. 

I reached my hand forward to the driver's side, trying to unlock the car door. Just as I did it, William snatched my arm dragging me from the car. I screamed as we fell on the hard concrete, as I looked up at the men facing us. I didn't know any of them, but did notice one person. 

Samantha. 

She stood in a perfect pant suit, heels and hair styled to perfection. She stood there, looking at the scene with six armed men, three on each side. All had guns. Samantha just stood, not uttering a word and only held a gun in her hand. 

But if Samantha was here, surely Harry must be? 

Right?

William seemed frightened and grabbed me, his arm going around my neck, holding me against him. I struggled though froze, when feeling metal pressed against my head. I wasn't stupid and the look on Sam's face, said it all. 

He had a gun against my temple. 

"That isn't a wise move Halstead." Her annoying high pitched voice rang through the air, yet though my dislike towards the woman, I was glad she was here. Because she meant safety and that's all I needed right now. 

"Fuck of Samantha," he spat gripping me tightly. "Tell your men to lower their weapons and let was walk. If you don't, I'll have no trouble killing Isabel here," he continued as Samantha just laughed at his words. I wasn't sure what she found funny in this situation, because my life was literally on the line. 

"What makes you think they are my men?" 

William tensed at her words, before he completely stiffened. I felt his arm pressure further around my neck, tears yelling in my eyes as Samantha looked and gave me a smirk. Something in her eyes told me that it was okay.

And it was.

"Get your fucking hands off her."

The voice I had missed so much, the one person I wanted more in this world. And he was standing right behind me.

William immediately let go of me, as I stumbled away from him. I turned to look at the scene before me, seeing the fear in his eyes. And he had every right to be scared. For Harry was stood behind him, his height towering over William. And that's when I saw it.

A gun pressed to William's head, like one was pressed to mine moments ago. 

"Get on your knees."

William dropped down on his knees, his hands raised to his head, the gun now laying on the floor. Samantha suddenly came into view, picking up William's gun and tossing it to the side. She stood next to me, placing a coat over my shoulders. I stood and watched as Harry lowered the gun, nodding for the men to come and take William. 

"Clean this mess up," Samantha spoke walking away from me as I watched the men beat William before dragging him off. My eyes never left the tarmac, a vision in my head that my lifeless body could have been lying there. My view was only interrupted when a pair of shoes came into view. 

I knew it was Harry, I could smell him and I noticed the tattoo on his hand. I closed my eyes, as he raised my chin to look at him, only when I re-opened them tears fell down. His green eyes watched my face intently, and I knew he was looking at the bruising, especially the fresh wound above my right eyebrow. I stared into his eyes, seeing the sadness, the anger and the regret in his eyes. 

I let out a sob, finally breaking down. He was here, he was finally here to take me home. I crumbled on the ground, as Harry caught me picking me up. I wrapped my legs around his waist, sobbing into his shoulder as Harry held me tightly, mumbling a sorry into my hair. He stood on the spot, just holding me tightly before finally walking towards the car. I buried my head deeper into his shoulder just wishing this to be over. 

"Lets get you home."