𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

The silence was painful to say the least, as Isabel stared out of the window of the car. There was a low hum coming from the radio, but it was so quiet she couldn't quite make out the song playing. Even the traffic outside the black car seemed to be nothing but a dull lullaby as she sat uncomfortably in her clothes from the previous night. Her feet were sore from those high heels, to which she instantly regretted wearing, but could not deny how hot she felt. 

Though she refused to make eye contact with Harry, she could not help but sneak a small glance at his figure. Sitting with his hands clenched around the steering wheel as he drove her back to her small house. It was weird, as it reminded her of their first time out when she got wasted. Isabel was young, new to the world and wanted to show Harry that she was fun and a risk taker after he told her she was just too innocent. 

The night had ended with Harry punching a guy who wouldn't leave Isabel alone, then herself throwing up and Harry taking her back to his place before driving her home the next day. It was heroic of him and only now did the older version of herself scream at young Isabel to not fall for him. That she should run in the other direction. 

Though she would claim to hate him, they shared a life. She was young, naïve and he was older, mature and captivating. He was giving Isabel everything she could imagine, showing her the spoils of the world and Harry once upon loved her. Defended her, made her laugh and cry. Made her so angry she wanted to slap him, but made her feel so safe and wanted. Isabel just had to remind herself that he was toxic, that he was twisted and messed up and the reason for her trust issues. The reason she went to therapy for years to try and come to terms with her situation and mental health. 

It seemed the drive was shorter than she expected as they came to the familiar house, Harry pulling up. Isabel sat up, already holding her keys in her hand as she finally faced him. "Thank you," she spoke getting out from the car, though it seemed he also had gotten out from the car. 

"We need to talk." 

"I don't want to talk Harry, I've made that clear," Isabel spoke, walking towards her front door and opening it. She kicked off her heels straight away, but didn't bother locking the door. He had a key she knew that, he would just let himself in. So she may as well save her energy. 

Walking straight towards her bedroom, she heard Harry shut the front the door while she quickly changed into more comfortable clothes and removing the rest of her makeup before walking downstairs to see him sitting at the table in her kitchen with two mugs of tea, his arms crossed over as he stared her down. 

"I don't care, I want to talk angel." 

She gritted her teeth, rubbing her face in pure frustration letting out a huff before turning to face him once more. Licking her dried lips, she shook her head before finally spitting out her words. 

"You want to talk and you don't care. Fine, but I'm doing the talking Harry." 

"Isabel that's not what I meant-"

"No no no, this is what you meant right? Another thing that you're controlling, that I don't get a choice. You want to talk?" she spoke, feeling the pure anger rise within her, years of paranoia, frustration and hatred towards the man in front of her. 

"What should start with? You lying to me, blackmailing, uprooting everything I've worked for?" A scoff. "How about the fact you played on my conscious about a small child, or that you promised to ruin my whole life by taking my passport and freezing my bank accounts."