▹21◃

London.

I knew that I should never have left at home. It was a stupid mistake, if someone was trying to kill me, Isabel would be a target. It was natural. Take the one thing that would make you appear weak. And I was anything but weak.

Until I met her.

I remember it so clearly, sitting in that coffee shop watching her. She looked so different back then, so care free and happy. She was young, and now she holds a sense of anger towards me, older and more wiser. Isabel had changed her appearance from when we first met; her hair was shorter and more lighter in colour. She had lost a little bit of weight, but still held the curves I enjoyed. Her eyes were still beautiful, though she lost her care free smile.

I understood that her life was far from perfect. Her dysfunctional family, her crushed dreams because of me. I knew she wanted to go to University, and I would have let her. I just didn't expect to fall so quickly for her. But I could not help it. She was so young, beautiful and held this attitude that was filled with fire and happiness. Isabel made me feel something, with her sarcasm and endless laughter. They way she would talk about anything and everything, her carefree nature and selfless heart. And within in a second she was gone.

Taken. 

It had been four days since her kidnapping. When I got home a lamp and vase was smashed on the floor. Her hair dryer was thrown in the bathroom, and the bed was messy. The alarm went off and I exploded her phone with texts. At first I had thought that she was trying to leave me again, something that even now, I still would not permit. But alas Isabel had simply and naively let someone in. 

When looking at my phone, the camera outside our front door had shown the point of interest. 

William Halstead. 

He was trying to undermine my authority, the day I turned him away from my...business. I broke his nose, if I re-called. We went to school together, he was a wanker and thought the world owed him everything. When he had learnt of my authority in this God forsaken place, he did everything to try and take it from me. 

Including causing the car accident. 

And now he had Isabel. 

My angel.

South London.

Frightened would not even begin to explain how scared I felt. I wasn't sure what day it was, or how long I had been here. I had been knocked out twice and kept in this small box room. I hadn't seen anyone, the last person I saw was the man that took me. I put up a fight and all I can remember is him hitting me, and that was days ago. I think.

The room was tight and claustrophobic, with a small window barely giving any light in. A tiny bed, chair and desk with nothing. A small shaped cupboard contained a toilet and sink and that was it. My meals were posted through a hatch by the door. The only thing I had was the clothes on my back and the bruises and cuts on my body.

Staring out of the small gap, I jumped when the door was opened and two men stepped through. They were tall and large, both staring at him before gripping my arms and dragging me from the room. I winced at the sudden brightness from outside, as the room I was held in had a small dim light. 

I was dragged down the hallway, not even a chance to see where I was before being thrown into a room. They shut the door behind me, and I could just see their bodies guarding through the frosted glass. 

"I am sorry for this Isabel." 

Turning I saw my captive stand, his hands leaning on a chair as he grinned at me. I noticed small bruising on his cheek, and felt a little proud knowing I had caused that. Though he caused much worse. 

"We got on the wrong foot darling, please sit."

For a moment I stood in the same spot, though the look on his face told me otherwise and I dragged my feet to the chair. Sitting down, he stood behind me, reaching over to lift off a sliver top revealing steaming hot food. I had not eaten in a day and a half. 

"Tuck in."

At first I didn't want to, I wanted to make a point. Though I was starving and did not want another bruise to match my left cheek. Grabbing the knife and fork, I ate the food quickly while drinking the water. William just chuckled and took a seat next me, watching me eat as he plated more on my plate.

"Why am I here?"

I didn't even realise I had asked the question, until I found myself staring directly at him. He seemed smug with the question, almost as if he was waiting for me to ask him. Like a child on Christmas, waiting for their parents to say which present they wanted to open first. 

"You are here to set an example." The response was vague, though it was clear he was far from finished.

"Harry Styles, the man who has it all. The looks, the money, the power and the girl. But you know what they say, out with the old and in with the new." William then stood up, walking around the room before looking back at me. "Its time people had the power back and that's what I'm going to do."

I placed the knife and fork down, looking up at him slightly confused. I understood Harry's business thing to an extent. I knew he was wealthy and held influence, but surely it was for the good? The people were happy, weren't they? Crime had gone down, there were more jobs and money for schools.

"He isn't as precious as you may think Isabel. If a man was so good, then why would he essentially kidnap you? I'm the real good guy," he chuckled.

"But you're just like him-you kidnapped me."

"I'm nothing like...him."

The loudness in his voice made me jump, not to mention the slamming of his hands against the table. I clearly hit a nerve, because Halstead lost his friendly face and went darker. His eyes were narrowed, a vein popped from his neck and he seemed to turn a little red. 

I sat quietly, shaking a little with more fear as he composed himself. "I'm nothing like him dear," he smiled before sitting back next to me. 

"Here's what is going to happen," William began with a grin. The smile made me feel uneasy, like a smile a killer would give to their victim before slashing their throats open. "I'm going to kill Harry Styles," he laughed further, before gripping my chin and looking at me. 

"And you are going to help me."