𝐓𝐖𝐎

Three years later 

The streets of Liverpool were quiet for perhaps only a little while longer. Nothing but the sound of the bin collectors, tracing up and down streets. The beep and flashing of the orange trucks, as the men spoke among themselves. In the far distance, you would be able to hear the buzzing of the cars of those extra early commuters. Far on the west side of Liverpool, the clank of the dock ship yard, echoed in the wind. 

The heavy breathing of Isabel was another sound to add in the early hours of the morning, as her feet thumped against the concrete below her feet. Puffs of warm breath, seemed to freeze in the air, followed with a typical sniffle. Her breathing continued to get heavier as she pushed herself further, lifting her hands to pull down her hat and jacket. Her pink trainers smacking against the floor, as she turned the corner of the quiet street. 

Dim lights lit her path, along with the break of sun pushing through the heavy clouds. Her eyes squinted upon seeing the sunrise, as she only continued to push herself to finish her goal. Music filling her ears, as she continued to run down the streets. Front room lights flickering on, as people began to start their day. Her own eyes flicking to her watch and reading the time. 

05:57

A small smirk peered on her lips, as she looked ahead seeing the familiar street that contained her flat. A thought wondering if she could reach the front door before it turned six in the morning. 

Fishing out her keys from her pocket, Isabel began to slow down upon reaching the converted house that had been split into two flats. Isabel graciously taking the top flat. Coming to a stop, she reached down to stretch and pet the cat that often sat perched on the wall. It was her downstairs neighbours cat, tombs, who often found himself sneaking into her own flat. Not that Isabel minded, he only slept in the corner of her living room, before wondering back down when Mrs Tate called his name. 

05:59

Letting out a breathily chuckle, Isabel opened the door before grabbing her other key and opening her own front door. Her tired limbs climbing the small staircase to the top flat. It wasn't much, but to Isabel it was her whole life. Her home. 

When reaching the top of the stairs onto the small hallway, there were several rooms. Straight in front of her, the furthest down the hall was bedroom number one. Though it was rather small and Isabel lived alone, she turned it into an office with a sofa bed. Not that she suspected having any guests. The kitchen was on the left, small but well equipped for her. The bathroom was next to that, which led to another set of stairs. 

Not many, only about five steps. This led to her bedroom, graciously spacious but not huge. Then there was the living room, to which was massive. Two sofas, a dining table and plenty of space. It was littered with house plants and fairy lights, something that had become rather comforting to Isabel. 

Stepping into her kitchen, she ran herself a glass of cold water and turned off her running app. Staring at the length she ran, saving it before switching her music off. Her eyes staring out of the window in her kitchen, to which she could easily peer into the neighbouring garden. 

Cracking her neck, she proceeded to move throughout her flat to the living room and switching on the television. Her eyes wincing to a sudden ray of sunlight. The window lighting up, as she peered out of it. A small smile on her face, for her view over the city of Liverpool was not bad at all.