▹19◃

London. Kensington Place

The constant banging from downstairs was driving me insane, not to mention people being in and out of the house for the last few weeks. Things had been...stressful to say the least. It had been two weeks since Harry was discharged from hospital, a few days since the cast had come off my arm. And it had only been a two days since the banging from downstairs.

After the car accident, Harry was not taking any risks, so there was new doors being installed everywhere. The front door was installed yesterday, the back door had just finished and now they were changing the garage door. I'm surprised I had not developed a headache from the constant loud noises. Harry on the other hand. 

Well he was certainly not amused. 

He was still in a bad shape, I mean better than before, but not quite fully healed. His legs were fine, but even now Harry winced often if he stood on them for a long period of time. Everything else was healing like me. Not to mention his head often hurt, which the doctor's said would happen for a while. I already heard him tell the men downstairs to keep it down, despite wanting the doors.

Next week bulletproof windows were going to be installed. More bodyguards and just as I was getting use to the idea of this life once again, I felt like a prisoner. I couldn't go anywhere without him and three men. The other day Harry snapped at me, because I wanted to go to the shops. Instead he sent Samantha. Though myself and the blonde had put our disputes aside for the sake of Harry, and the fact that Harry and I were almost killed, I still disliked her.

Sorry. Hated her. 

"Isabel!" 

I rolled my eyes, and closed the page in my book ignoring the banging as much as I possibly could. Sighing softly, I steadied myself from the window seat in our bedroom and walked down the staircase. The workers had put dust sheets down, bodyguards watching every person like a hawk and the smell of burnt wood lingered in the air. What could he possibly want, to drag me downstairs.

Turning into his study, I made myself comfortable on the chair that sat opposite his large desk. I chuckled at Harry's attire, skinny black jeans with a loose grey jumper I once got him for Christmas a few years ago. His hair was all over the place, his green eyes looked tired and dull. I could see a pile of cigarettes on the ashtray, which meant he had started the habit. Two empty bottles of whiskey was left on the table by his desk, and papers seemed to litter the surface.

"Harry," I hummed opening my book again and burying my nose back into the pages. Oh the brief time to escape from this fucked up reality was a temptation. The amount of times I have read such novels of fantasy worlds, old romances and adventure. I was so oblivious, I had not heard or even seen Harry move from his desk. It wasn't until his long legs propped himself up, as he lent against the wooden piece of furniture, did I lower my book. 

He stared down at me, his eyes going towards the fading scars that littered over my body. I knew Harry felt guilty about what happened, he had pushed me at a distance lately and often didn't speak about the accident to me. Only that the person who caused it, was going to pay. I was oblivious to what was going on, and for some reason Harry wanted to keep it that way. 

He crouched down, but even I could see the pain in his eyes as he rested his hands on my thighs to hold himself up. I looked at Harry, watching as his eyes searched my own before he pressed a kiss onto my lips. It was just a short one, but it felt reassuring in some way. I smiled softly, pulling away from his lips as he sighed. 

"I'm sorry angel, we'll get this sorted," he hummed against my lips, coming back for another kiss. I could only nod in response to this. He wouldn't tell me what he planned to get sorted, he just told me he would fix everything. And even though I craved more, for some reason I trusted him to protect me. I chose to trust him, at first I never held a choice but as the months passed I wanted nothing more than Harry to protect me.

"I know."