𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

Sheets of paper were piled in front of Isabel as she continued to read them over and over again. A pen was perched in her mouth, earphones in her ears as she continued to scribble and rewrite notes. A half eaten sandwich was on her left, and a cold cup of coffee sat on her right. The train carriage was rather quiet, but she supposed that was perks of being in first class. Richard had kindly paid for them to go first class and even got Isabel an open return ticket. After all, he did promise that she could leave as soon as the event was over-unless stated otherwise. 

A hand gently slammed on top of Isabel's piles of paper, sliding them away from her as she raised her head to Richard who read them. A gentle smile rested on his face, as he towered over her. Phil was sat opposite Isabel at their table, though he was originally going through the finances and marketing growth, he quickly fell asleep. 

Richard was sat a smaller table opposite them in the aisle of the train, with his own laptop and pile of papers. Despite tonight being more of a business gala, there were still opportunities to talk to potential investors and Richard wanted to be on top of that. 

"Impressive as always Isabel, but I suggest you start packing up," he spoke, leaning over to giving Phil a hard nudge, as the man jolted awake and yawned.

"We here yet?" Their boss only rolled his eyes in amusement, as he pointed out of the window, before heading to his own seat to pack up. After all they had a very tight schedule ahead of them. Checking into the hotel, going out for lunch before sitting down and sorting out their game plan. Then the actual event this evening.

Isabel dragged her eyes to look out of the window, and gulped upon looking at the skyline of London come into view. She shifted in her seat before sighing, as it went black due to them entering a tunnel. 

"We will now be arriving at London Euston, where this train terminates. Make sure you have all of your belongings and tickets upon entry. Thank you for riding with Virgin Trains." 

Standing up, Isabel grabbed her shoulder bag before reaching to grab the small suitcase. Her eyes winced upon the sudden flood of light, from them entering the station at a slower pace. Her palms became increasingly sweaty, as she took a deep breath and looked up towards Phil who only seemed to smile at her with a wiggle of his brows. He had been excited since they found out. 

Following Richard and Phil onto the platform, she scanned her ticket through the barrier before chuckling seeing a town car with Richard's name on it. Of course, though Richard was a very down to earth man, he was also incredibly posh and enjoyed the finer things in life. Not that there was anything particularly wrong with that. After all, Isabel also once enjoyed some finer things as well. 

"So we have a few change of plans," Richard spoke, getting his phone from his pocket as Isabel slid into the back seat. Her eyes scanned the busy streets of London, and found herself wondering back to her life in the city before she ran away. Though it seemed every brick and corner had become familiar, that every single bit of concrete held a memory to Isabel. 

Turning her attention to Richard, she slumped into her seat and sighed. The hairband that sat on her wrist, suddenly began to snap against her skin. Her anxiety creeping up inside, as Isabel continued to ping the elastic against her left wrist. It was something that she did when she was nervous or felt a weigh of anxiety on her. Though she hadn't done it in ages, the sudden realisation that she was back in the city that caused her so pain, frightened her.