𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

Isabel stared at her complexion, as she swiped the nude lipstick across her lips. Parting them, she gently swiped away any smudges, before smacking them together. A small smile made its way onto her mouth, as her freshly pink nailed fingers fluffed out the gently waves of her short air. Though her smile vanished, as she stared at the rather faint small finger tip imprints around her throat. 

Leaning closer into the mirror, Isabel inspected the damage created from Harry earlier in the day. Her hands rummaging through the makeup bag, to find foundation to cover the marks up. After she crumbled into her own office, she text Ella saying she would gladly go out this evening since it was a Friday night. She text Phil and they all arranged to meet up at the Devil's Handbag in Soho. 

After making sure they were covered, she took one final glimpse in the mirror and smiled at herself. She was never one to dress up, though tonight she put a little extra effort. Her tight faux leather skinny trousers, were paired with a a dark silver crop top and black heeled boots. It was after all getting colder. Grabbing her black coat and clutch, she downed the final shot before heading down the stairs. 

Locking up her house, Isabel walked towards the tube station. Sinking into her own world, it only took 30 minutes, before she got off the tube and walked towards the busy streets of central London. Friday night and that meant every bar and pub possible were filled with people drinking away their own sorrows of despair. Isabel was certainly going to join them. 

Walking down the busy streets, the familiar bar appeared in view and she couldn't help but smile. Stepping into crowded space, she searched for her group of friends before heading up the stairs. There in the corner sat Phil, Ella, Sophie and Jacob all laughing.

"Oi oi, there is she!"

Phil yelled, as they all turned to cheer. Laughing, Isabel walked towards the table hugging them as she perched herself on the end. Slipping off her jacket, she let out a huff before thanking Phil who already got her a drink. 

"You remember Sophie and Jacob right?" 

Her eyes darted towards the blonde haired girl, who rocked a short pixie style hair cut. Next to her was Jacob, a taller male with tattoo's up and down his sleeves. They were sitting awfully snug together and Isabel recalled that they often use to flirt, when she worked for Harry. 

"Of course I remember," Isabel smiled, raising her brows at the two who smiled up at each other with a look of glee. It made her heart flutter, as Isabel smiled before turning her attention back to her drink, her finger tracing the rim of her glass. 

The loudness from the weekend drinkers offered a small reminder to Isabel, that reason she was here. To drink away the first few weeks of being back in London, to drink away the unsettled feelings that she felt between herself and Harry. Though she would love to act like she wasn't somewhat scared of him, she was. He was also a painful reminder to her happier memories in her life. 

Maybe the reason she clung to Harry was, because he was the first person to actually believe in her. After walking out on her parents, Isabel didn't have much. She had friends, but they were trying to get by. The day that Harry gave her a job, and continued to support her, made her feel human was why she was so drawn to him. He believed in her, he made her pursue her own dreams. He once loved and cared for her, but he lied. 

Isabel could never stand liars, the secrets and twisted words. Granted everyone told a white lie here and there, that was okay. But the fact that Harry perhaps kept the biggest secret from her, lied to her face was the reason she left. When she finally found out a small glimpse of his lies Isabel realised that everything he created was an illusion. That this was not who she wanted to be with.