𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

The gentle buzz of school children echoed in the wind, followed by a high pitch whistle. The over train could be heard rattling against the metal, clanking as it went over the bridge not far. The gentle hum of cars followed, as Isabel stared at the door in front of her. Her eyes staring at the chipped wood of peeling red paint, her hand gripping on the silver key between her fingers, almost afraid to close the door. 

Boxes were stacked around her, as Isabel stared at the door just as the loud roar behind alerted her that the moving men had arrived. She didn't speak a word as they grabbed the boxes, before she finally found herself locking the flat door and posting the key through the letter box. 

With a soft sigh Isabel stepped out of the small porch, before shutting the main door behind her. Her eyes trailed to Tombs, as the old tabby cat perched itself on the wall. Rubbing its head against her arm, as Isabel offered a small smile and pet the cat before walking towards her car with her suitcase in hand. She took a final look at the building she called home, before opening the car door. 

Stepping inside the car, Isabel pressed her hands against the steering wheel and suddenly regretting every single decision she had just made within the last few weeks. Yesterday she packed up her desk at Vance Publications and said goodbye to her friends. Of course they all thought this was an exciting opportunity for Isabel, but little did they know that it was the complete opposite. If only they knew what she was getting herself into.

If only Isabel knew. 

Starting the car up, she began to drive the long few hours towards London. Her mind wondering about the new possibilities ahead, which made her stomach clench. She was angry with herself, annoyed that she could be once against so manipulated by him. Angry that Harry had complete control over her, even if she did not want to admit it. That he could do anything and Isabel would comply. 

She wasn't scared, no outward anyway. But Harry just knew everything about her, her past and all of her insecurities. Harry had knowledge and he used it against her. After all, knowledge is power and he had proven that so many times. It was almost poetic, that Isabel stood up for herself against everyone, and walked out. It was ironic that Harry Styles was the one person that could crush her. 

Seven years ago 

The streets of Norwich were quiet, yet the house on the corner was filled with rage and anger. Screams and tears were so apparent, that the neighbours wondered if they should call the police for domestic disturbance. All was peaceful on that September afternoon, until chaos erupted in the Wilson household.

"This is not what we wanted for you Isabel!" The yells of Claire Wilson carried through, the hallway as a young eighteen year old Isabel stormed down the stairs with bags packed. "You ungrateful child, after everything we did for you, this is how you repay us?"

The brunette ignored her, walking through to the kitchen to grab her car keys. Tears were flowing down her cheeks, as she snatched them from the wall and turned to find her parents staring at her with utter disappointment. 

"If you stop this stupid rebellion, you can have a bright future. We can call St Andrews back and you can get your place there, after all your father is an alumni." Claire continued, blocking the path as Isabel shook her head, her bottom lip wobbling. 

"Isabel this is getting out of hand. You have thrown away your whole life, for some low-life university and career. This is not what we expect out of you," her father, Robin added, his arm around her mother's shoulders. 

Letting out an almost shocked laugh, Isabel clenched her fists and let out a strangled yell. "This is what I want! I want this for myself, because I enjoy it. I don't want to go to some posh university or go into a career of being a lawyer," she almost pleased. "I want to go to London, I want to do my course and have a good future," she whispered. "A happy future."

"Happy? This creative content thing, will not bring you money. You will be a failure, a disgrace to our good names," Claire snapped. 

"I won't be a failure, because I'm going to work hard and get a first. I'm going to work for big companies and be happy."

"If Jonathan could see you."

"Well Jonathan is dead okay, he died mum two years ago."

"And it was your fault! It should have been-"

Isabel felt like her heart stopped, as she stared at her mother in disbelief. Fresh tears rolled down her cheeks, as she shook her head. Claire's face fell upon her words, as she tried to comfort her daughter, who only stepped away. 

"Me right? Trust me I wish it was, because for two years you have both made me feel it was my fault. That I was the guilty one, that I should have died that night and not my darling brother."

"Isabel that's not what-"

"Yes it is, because Jonathan was your saving grace and I was the disappointment. Well I'm glad I disappoint you, because you both disappoint me." Isabel snapped, before pushing past them. She grabbed her bags and opened the front porch, unlocking her car as she heard her parents call her name. 

"Isabel. If you leave this house to pursue this silly dream of yours, you will not be welcomed back." Claire threatened, hoping that would sway her daughter. But like they told her, she was the disappointing child, the one that never did what they wanted her to do. That she was a failure, embarrassment and that she got to live and not Jonathan. 

So with a small smile, Isabel took off her house key and threw it on the floor by the door. She stared at her parents, before picking up her bags and walking to her car without so much a second glance. 

Hackney was perhaps the only place in the world that flat warm and familiar to Isabel. After all, she spent four years living in the borough of London, before moving in with Harry and then to Liverpool. It housed her during her terms at University and then again, when she worked for Styles Industries. 

The reason she chose the place, was the culture and familiarity of it all. Not to mention it was far from Harry as possible. The only downside to the house that stood before her, was Harry had gotten it for Isabel which meant he knew where she lived. But then again, he was going to know regardless.

Staring at the small house, Isabel finally stepped out from her car and watched the moving men move the last box in. She thanked them quietly, before they drove off leaving her alone with her thoughts. Her eyes stared at the varnished dark wooden door, as she stepped into the porch.

It felt new, like Harry had just had it refurbished and done up. There was a little hallway with an original staircase in front of her. On the left was the front room with a large window overlooking the cannel. Isabel worked further in, squeezing through the boxes. Another reception room was place in the back with an open plan kitchen. She looked at the bright light due to the windows and smiled. 

Heading up the stairs, Isabel noted that there were four rooms. A small bedroom which had been converted into an office was situated in front of her, opposite the stairs. On the left was a small family size bathroom with a large tub. Down the hall was another bedroom, to which Isabel assumed was the spare bedroom. 

Climbing the final set of stairs, she gaped at the size. It was massive with an en-suite on the right hand size, but the window caught her attention. The window was stretched half across, and held doors which led her to a small balcony. 

Heading back down the twisting staircase, she walked straight towards the kitchen and sighed a little. Her phone was pinging with texts from Phil, who was gushing over his new apartment which made her chuckle. Placing her phone down, she proceeded to grab some boxes in the hallway and move them to the kitchen. 

Walking towards the long benched style dining table, Isabel noticed a handwritten note along with a bottle of her favourite wine. Wine that was rather expensive. Placing the bottle of white wine in the fridge, her hands picked up the letter read it, before throwing it in the bin. 

I hope you find the house to your 
satisfactory. I will see you at the 
office Monday angel.  

All my love, 
-H

unedited