10. Cultural Appropriation

WHAT IS IT? HOW CAN IT BE STOPPED? WHAT'S YOUR OPINION

WHAT IS IT? HOW CAN IT BE STOPPED? WHAT'S YOUR OPINION. No I have some movement we do not want to solely think about culture appropriation because we believe in break in the stereotypes we no longer award and stereotypes be part of it but we also want cultures to be recognised and for black culture in its many forms to be recognised truly and solely as an independent.

But it has been shown to us that we have unfortunately not properly identified or going into the facts facts of mixing cultures. In the term make some cultures shoes in black characters guide in the hairstyles chapter.

It was announced that mixing cultures were present. So the example of 'boxer braids' was used not to identify culture appropriation but used to identify that in different groups or communities use different ways of saying things, whether it be hairstyles or food or drink or whatever.

Now I understand that there is a way of saying things but I believe that it's better to express your opinions in the comment section as a way to for us to understand what we have done wrong. Because the chapters that we have posted have been posted way before that acknowledgement on a national or social platform about cultural appropriation.

In the chapter of hairstyles I discussed about mixing cultures. It came up in a discussion that I was using mixing cultures inappropriately. However to my defence I had realised that culture appropriation is very different to mixing of cultures. For example an important example is Puerto Rico and Dominican culture they have plantain but they call it 'stonoe' (correct me on the spelling!) which is prepared differently to plantain. They fry it, crush it and then fry it again. I have used this as an example because in hairstyling it's the same.

Hairstyles in different cultures have different names, this may be due to the language of that person or the culture. However the style may look the same.

However culture appropriation is very complex and different to the example I gave in the Hairstyle's chapter.

What is cultural appropriation?

'Boxer braids' has been discussed as cultural appropriation by some because they believe it's wrong to take a persons culture and display it for profit without acknowledging the culture or people as a whole

'Boxer braids' has been discussed as cultural appropriation by some because they believe it's wrong to take a persons culture and display it for profit without acknowledging the culture or people as a whole. The fashion and film industry does this a lot and by doing so the culture does not gain the proper recognition that it deserves.