7. Homosexuals vs Heterosexuals

WE ARE NOT FIGHTING AGAINST EACH OTHER but don't expect gay people to treat straight people proper if we didn't treated them properly

WE ARE NOT FIGHTING AGAINST EACH OTHER but don't expect gay people to treat straight people proper if we didn't treated them properly. We put our prejudice and discriminate them in every possible way without realising how it must feel like on the receiving end. For others there's this great battle where they have to accept their sexuality and who they are. Gay people especially lesbian porn, makes lesbians a  fetish. There was this statistic in America and they polled how many people watch porn and what kind do they watch based on search history and they found that the south and the centre 'Bible Belt' which means the religious states typically Christian (baptist). It found out that the south watch lesbian porn. Imagine. But people still hate on gays for being gay. 

This title was a way to get your attention, I'm writing from a heterosexual persepective of a black female and based on documentaries and past research. So when someone told me to write about this I was confused, I don't know what to truly say but I'm going to touch upon the black side of things. 

Many black people are religious whether Christian or Muslim, they are religious and with religion comes with sets of rules. If you're Muslim please tell me what the Qu'ran says. However, in the Bible it says that a "man and a man, shouldn't sleep together." People believe this but others try to push it on people. If people want my persceptive I'll tell them that on the core beliefs that I get from my religion I believe that being gay is a sin but I'm different from the Westboro Baptist Church, I don't stand in front of universities and say 'God hates fags.' 

God will be the judge of that. But in the black household being gay is hard especially your parents are deeply religious, I know people who had to cut all ties from their family because no one accepts them or even a parent. Being black and a gay man is hard, it conflicts with masculinity and some people feel like they need to take it upon themselves to bully them. 

And if you are going to write about a gay man please don't make him the typical ghetto black guy, there's no generalisation. Everyone is different and therefore they don't speak with slang, they could be quiet or just happy and bubbly. 

I also want to pick up on the point that gay men in general are an accessory in some people's eyes, people want a gay friend for fashion. You shouldn't do that.