12. Skin Colour

THERE'S THIS IMAGINARY DIVISION OR LINE between darkskins and lightskins and it's got me confused

THERE'S THIS IMAGINARY DIVISION OR LINE between darkskins and lightskins and it's got me confused. I hated that people pointed out to me that I'm light skin so I get more guys or I'm light skin therefore I'm automatically prettier or I'm light skin and blah blah blah.

I also hate the narrative that dark skin women allow themselves to be defined. I understand that you were bullied about your skin but you can't let that define you! You are worth so much more!! Don't think you're less pretty so you can't get a guy.

Promise there are lighter women who can't get a boyfriend to we are in the same boat but I'm not going to dismiss the feelings you may have and the feelings you may never get over from. They have defined you and now that's how you view yourself.

Young women and men do not allow a person to call you 'blick' or they 'can't see you' and even if you do don't let it shake you. Keep pushing positivity and keep telling to yourself that you are beautiful. You may not see the different but your brain does and it enjoys it.

Here's a video of the effect of this divide which the black community keep pricking on and on about it.

Are there any stories that you experienced based on your skin colour? Could you share with us?