Part Eighteen

Natalie's Point of View

I was getting tired of just waiting for Leonard so I decided to text him.

Did you find Sheldon yet? It's been 10 minutes, is everything alright?

I clicked send and minutes later I got a buzz back,

No I didn't, come all the way down the hall then go to the left and to the elevator. That's where I am.

Gotcha

I clicked off my phone and speed walked down the long hallway. My aware eyes darting around the area. I spotted a infectious environment with human germ magnets everywhere. An anxious feeling started to build up inside of me as I walked faster. I turned the corner and I saw Leonard sitting on he floor.

"Hey! Why on earth would you sit on the floor in a hospital?!" I chastised.

"I dunno." Leonard said.

His voice sounded lifeless. Like it had the night before at the apartment. I shot him a caring smile and held a hand out. He took it and I pulled him up. He smiled a wholesome smile in return.

"The birthing center is only one floor up so we can just ride up there and look from there." Leonard said.

Making sure he wasn't looking I brushed my hand off on the side of my jean shorts. There wasn't a hand sanitizer dispenser in range so I'd have to wait.

We waited for the elevator to come and Leonard clicked the '2' button. It was only us in there so it was of course...awkward.

"So do you have any idea of where he might be?" I asked, breaking the silence.

I looked over at Leonard who looked up at me abruptly. He seemed to be distracted now. His chocolate eyes were cloudy and tinted red. Asthma? Allergies?What was going on?

"Oh uh no. I—I figured he probably went up to the birthing center."

"Oh ok."

Soon enough the door opened and we stepped out. We walked down the hall with Leonard looking through the windows of the doors trying to find Bernadette and Howard's room. We were almost about to turn the corner before thick high-pitched Indian accent flooded my ear drums.

I looked ahead to see a darker skinned, shaggy black haired man practically sprinting toward Leonard and I, calling Leonard's name. He had several plastic bags of Tai food swinging on his arms. Leonard perked up immediately. His head shot up as he called,

"Raj?!"

Raj slowed to a jogging pace and the two men hugged. Raj was quite a bit taller than Leonard I noticed and he wore a dorky orange and purple checkered sweater—the kind an 80 year old man would wear. A white collar sprouted from the top of it and he wore a purple jacket over it all. He had light brown kakis on like Sheldon wore and weird brown shoes.

"Oh my god Leonard what brings you here?!" He asked excitedly, pulling away.

"Oh not much, just a surprise visit for the Wolowitz's." Leonard answered.

"Oh co—"

Mid-sentence Raj noticed me and paused. His eyes grew unnaturally wide and he rubbed his hands together.

"H-h-hi th-th-there." He stuttered.

It was as if when he noticed me he became unable to speak!

"Hello." I responded slowly.

Leonard noticed Raj's struggles and saved him.

"Oh I should probably tell you, he's still getting used to the "talking to women without being intoxicated" thing. I'll introduce him to you, Natalie this is my long time friend Rajesh Koothrappali. Raj, this is Natalie Goodman."