Part Eight

A sudden clash of thunder awoke me at night. I shot up from my place on the couch with heavy breaths. I hadn't gotten a nightmare, it was just that I was very afraid of thunderstorms. I looked around, the windows were shut and I could hear the rain pounding against the very one of them! I closed my eyes. There was no way I could fall asleep now. I put my hands over my face and tried to block out the roaring storm. Nothing would cut it though, the sounds seemed to sink right through. After about 20 minutes I couldn't take it anymore. I was scared to death and I could hear my heart beating out of my chest

I slowly got up and limped down the hallway towards the boys' rooms. The cold wooden floor soothed my bare feet. Now which room belonged to which boy? It looked like I had to take a guess.

I choose the one to the left of me instead of the one straight ahead. I pushed the door open a crack to make sure it wouldn't creak then I pushed it open more. There was no snoring, that was a good sign. Not wanting to wake the person sleeping I quietly slipped into the covers next to them and didn't even bother to look who it was. I thought about what might happen in the morning. Depending on who I had fallen asleep with, I would definitely get some crap about this. I didn't care though, at least I could get a good nights sleep.

I tried to close my eyes and concentrate on falling asleep but I just couldn't. I really didn't want to make any noise so I couldn't toss and turn. I picked my head up and glanced out the window. As soon as I did the glass lit up with a flash of lightning. I gasped and jumped at the noise. I squeezed my eyes shut and put my arms around my chest, when would this nightmare end??

Author- I know that really wasn't much at all and I'm sorry about that. It's just I haven't had the most time to update. That was just a little something to hold those brave souls of you that still are reading this story lol.

Anyway, I'm thinking about starting another novel. Yes yes, it's stupid but I'm all for stupid ideas. What I'm asking is what kind of content do you guys want?? I want to make something that more people would find interesting. I haven't been on Wattpad for very long so I don't really know what you people like. Please please if your reading this comment below what you would like to read about, that would help me so so much!! Thanks for 69 views, I'm thankful for each and every one of them! -Chloe :))