Part Eleven

Natalie's Point of View

As I walked towards the bathroom to talk to Sheldon I couldn't help but wonder what happened to Leonard. All I had said was "what the hell." He just seemed to sit there like he was watching paint dry with a sad look on his face. Then I tried to make things better by stepping out of my comfort zone and kissing him on the cheek but once again he just sat there and didn't even react. It kind of hurt to be honest. Who knew such little things could hurt?

I walked up to the bathroom doorway with a hand to my supposed broken rib and peaked in. Sheldon was angrily brushing his hair to the side.

"Ughhh!!" He was growling as he brushed faster and faster in frustration.

"Whatcha doin' there bud?" I asked with a smirk.

"I'm. Trying. To. Brush. My. Stupid. Hair. Down. But. It. Won't. Cooperate." He said between gritted teeth.

I walked all the way in and turned up the lights in front of the mirror, making the room brighter.

"Here," I said taking the brush, "Let me help."

Sheldon squirmed but gave in.

"What do you propose I do with this mop?!" He said.

I slid the brush through his dark chocolate brown hair. I put a hand to it to hold it down.

"What on earth are you doing Natalie??" Sheldon asked moving his eyes up towards his hairline.

"Ha, I don't know," I responded in a half focused tone as I dropped the hair.

"I'll be right back Sheldon."

I walked into the kitchen and asked Leonard where the scissors were. I really didn't feel like driving all the way to the barbershop especially if we were going to Florida in not long. I opened the drawer Leonard told me too and after rummaging through the door I took the pair of scissors and went back into the bathroom.

"Okay, here we go!" I said holding the scissors in front of Sheldon's face.

"Hold it right there! Nobody's cutting my hair right now!!" He said with wide eyes.

"Nonsense, you said it was bugging you! So I'll solve that for you."

"But the only people that have ever given me a hair cut is my actual barber or P—" Sheldon abruptly cut himself off mid-word.

"What??" I immediately asked.

"Nothing!" He said quickly.

I set the scissors on the table and put a hand to my hip.

"Sheldon, what were you going to say?" I nicely asked.

"I—I can't tell you. I'm sworn to silence. I just slipped up."

I wasn't buying this. What could it mean? Was it a girl? Or an enemy? Or simply just someone that shouldn't be brought up?

"Why not?" I pressed, wanting more information.

"Because the bringing up of the name I almost said causes pain in the eyes of a close friend who I promised not to betray."

"Oh," I said.

I didn't know what else to say. This person must have been pretty important to Sheldon if he promised not to tell.

"Well then I will respect what you promised and drop the subject," I said looking at Sheldon.