Part Fourteen

As the daylight shone through the curtains and through my eyelids, and as Leonard shifted under the covers I started to wake up. One eye opening, and realizing where I was and what had happened the night before. I felt a shiver go through my body and I closed my eye again.

After a moment I opened both, stretched, and turned over on my side to see Leonard who was still there and fast asleep. I smiled and sat up, a throb of pain reminding me about my rib. It started to feel a bit better so maybe we were wrong, it may not be broken at all. I sure hoped not.

A fuzzy looking Sheldon was sitting on the edge of his bed, already ready and scrolling on his phone. He noticed my glare on him and looked over at me.

"Well look whose up!! How was last night with Leoanrdddddd?" He said in a sing-songy voice.

"Shut up," I said groggily.

I yawned and rubbed my eyes. Everything was blurry since my contacts were still out.

"How long have you been up?" I asked him.

"Oh for a while now, I'm just looking into the location of Bernadette and Howard's hospital. It's not too far. Only about five miles." Sheldon said, still looking at his phone.

I got up, still in my clothes from the day before, and walked over to where Sheldon was. I sat down next to him. Now that I was closer I could see he was wearing a green short sleeve tee shirt with the Green Lantern symbol on it and a grey long sleeve striped one under it. He had tan kakis on again with his hair the usual way. His sense of style amused me. It was so extra, just double the laundry. He may be a genius but not when it comes to laundry.

I looked over his broad shoulder to see what he was looking at, it was Google Maps. Howard must have told him the location.

"I usually don't trust electronic devices to tell me where to go but right now I'll make exceptions." He said.

"Yea me either...well not anymore at least," I said, thinking of how I used Google Maps to find the location of my apartment. That had gone well.

"I'm going to go get ready," I told Sheldon.

I used his shoulder to propel myself off the bed and walked to the bathroom.

"Hey!!" I heard him call after me.

I laughed under my breath. I had expected that reaction.

Slight Time Skip

An hour later I had showered, dried my light brown hair, and straightened it. It was usually wavy but I always had in straightened to go out in public. It was one of my many insecurities so I tried to always keep it as straight as I could.

I had gotten dressed and applied my makeup as well. I decided to do a more natural look today. Mascara, nude shiny eyeshadow, light blush, and foundation in some spots, being careful not to cover up my freckles. Now that we were in a sunny climate they would be more noticeable on me. For some reason, the sun really brought them out.

I was wearing a teal button-down tank top with a pocket in the front and jean shorts with, of course, my vans.

Leonard was finally up and getting ready so Sheldon and I just had to wait for him. We sat next to each other on his bed again in silence, my favorite kind of mood. Thankfully he broke it.

"Soooo if I may ask, do you have a 'thing'," he made air quotes with his fingers, "for Leonard??" He asked suspiciously.

He paused before continuing,

"Not that I care, I could care less honestly. You can have your hippy dippy love stuff. I'm just curious." He scoffed.

I bit my lip. How should I respond to this?