Part Ten

Leonard was finishing up cleaning the kitchen. He dropped the plate he was scrubbing and ran over to the bathroom. It really was as if Sheldon was his son. I wondered what it could be this time, with Sheldon you never really know.

"What happened?!" I heard him say frantically.

Leonard's Point of View

Usually when Sheldon yells from the bathroom something is going wrong. I peaked in to see him on his phone slightly bouncing up and down with a smile on his face. I silently was glad it wasn't anything bad and walked all the way in the bathroom and looked over his shoulder. He was texting Howard, who had moved to Florida about a year and a half ago with Bernadette. It was a hard decision for both of them but Howard needed to work somewhere with a NASA Space Center so they went to live near Kennedy Space Center. We kept in touch often and Bernadette had announced her third pregnancy around eight months ago. Raj, of course, moved with them and brought his wife. It was really weird at first but eventually, Sheldon and I learned to live with it.

"Leonard Leonard Leonard!! Howard and Bernadette had their baby!!!" Sheldon shrieked.

I raised my eyebrows with a smile, I never thought they would have another baby. Well I mean yes they would but I didn't actually think it about it coming until it did. The two were still the only ones with kids and they would be the only ones for a while still.

"Holy shit no way!" I laughed still surprised.

Sheldon shot me a warning glare. He greatly disproved of my swearing.

"Sorry..." I muttered, not wanting to ruin the mood I added, "but hey that's awesome!! I wonder how they're doing?"

"Well considering that the process of giving birth to a child is seemingly painful and tedious I'm guessing stressed and tired," Sheldon said matter of factly.

I rolled my eyes at the irrelevancy of the comment.

"I wonder what the gender is," I asked peeking over Sheldon's shoulder. I had to stand on my tiptoes.

He pulled out his phone and tapped a message to Howard.

"I asked him." He said still looking at his phone.

I nodded, soon I heard a ding and Sheldon's expression changed.

"What ridiculous!! He said we would have to come down to Florida and find out ourselves." Sheldon said in disbelief.

"Seriously? That actually sounds really fun. I haven't gone there in ages and we need some time away from work. " I said.

Sheldon put down his phone and looked in the mirror. He had a stern glare on his face.

"Leonard there is no way in the world of science that we're going there!!" He scoffed.

I wanted to go there. I was due for a vacation. The stresses of work, life, and other problems were starting to wear on me. But the only downfall was, Natalie. Would she want to go with me?

"Buddy think about it, you and me and possibly Natalie. We go out there to see Howard, Bernadette and Raj, and the baby and spend some time with them then go have some relaxing time of our own. We need a vacation and what better place to go than Florida!"

Now that I said it I wanted to go even more. Sheldon turned to face me and crossed his arms.

"Leonard," he started with a slight tip of his head, "you know how that goes. You know I absolutely hate traveling and air flight. It's so strenuous and just think of all the germs and infections there! Yes a vacation would be nice and yes I want to see the baby and our friends but..."

"But what? You literally proved nothing." I laughed.

"But..." Sheldon trailed off.

"Ok, we're going!"

I didn't even care anymore. I knew Sheldon and usually, he likes to be right. He won't admit it but he's not always right. I knew he wanted to go but he just won't tell me I had a good idea and not him.

Sheldon's face lit up, "oh goody!!" He beamed.

I rolled my eyes and took a few steps closer to him.

"Okay, what about Natalie?" I whispered with a hand to the side of my mouth.

Sheldon shrugged his shoulders, "I have no idea, maybe ask her. Duh. Leonard, why do you claim to be the smarter one?"

"I don't idiot. Anyway fine, I'll go ask. You go online and book a flight. Something soon to I want to get out of here." I said while walking out of the bathroom.

Natalie was still sitting on the couch. I sat down next to her.

"Ok so this is kinda crazy but let me explain." I started.

"Okay..." Natalie said uneasily.

"So this is what happened. Our friends that live in Florida just had their baby. We asked the gender and they said if we wanted to know we would have to come down there ourselves and see. So I had the idea of just going cause why not? Sheldon and I need a vacation anyway and what better place to go than Florida?? I know this is short notice and you just moved here and not to mention you haven't even seen your apartment yet but would you want to come with? So far I think you're really nice to have around and you're a cool person. It's nice to finally have a girl friend—" I caught my breath at that.

It sounded like I had meant it as "girlfriend" instead of "friend that is a girl." I felt my face heat up. Why was I so awkward?? I looked over at a confused looking Natalie.

"Oops...I meant that a friend that is a girl..." I trailed, "sorry," I added.

"Oh, it's fine. Not that big of a deal!" Natalie laughed.

I let out a breath, "okay good."

"Yea that actually sounds good. I mean hey why not? I'm an adult now so there's no one that can tell me no. What the hell right?"

I flinched. That had oddly reminded me of something Penny would say...

Penny...your wife... My mind reminded me.

I put a hand to my forehead as the sadness swept through me. I took a deep breath with my eyes closed and looked back up.

Forget it! I told myself.

"You good?" Natalie broke my sadness.

"Yeah totally!" I fake smiled.

"Okay well as I was saying, sure I'll go. I mean I don't have many clothes or anything but it's okay. I'll make it work. Hey Leonard?"

"Yea?" I asked blankly.

"Thanks for everything. I'm glad you hit me, to be honest," Natalie smiled.

She leaned over and softly pressed her lips against my left cheek. She then carefully got up and hobbled off.

I just sat there, slowly rubbing the place where she kissed me. My mind drifting off into an empty abyss of sorrow. Half of me longing for the presence of Penny once again and the other fighting to forget she ever existed.

Author: Ok so I'm really happy about the change to a TBBT fanfic. It was a lot of work to change all the names but yayyy. Sorry to the Shamy and Lenny shippers! Lol, I needed to change a few things. Idk what happened to Penny and Leonard yet but I'll think of something. As for Sheldon and Amy, I guess it never happened, IDK about that either. Just so you know I hardly ship both couples but I just have to change a few things due to the flow of the story. Also who else really wants for Penny and Leonard to go have a baby? Just me? Ok then xD
Thanks for the support, -Chloe ;)