Part Six

I had just finished my food. It was good and it filled me up. I was just about to ask Leonard where to put the dishes when I noticed he was staring at me. I raised my eyebrows and waved at him. With that, he perked up and looked pretty embarrassed.

"Ok now that I got your attention, where should I put the dishes?" I said with a grin.

I ran my tongue along with my teeth and the feeling of no braces there made me feel great. I recently got them off and it's been so much better. Especially considering that I've had them since I was 11 years old. I really hated the experience but I was glad my teeth were fixed.

"Oh, you can just put them in the sink." Leonard interrupted my thoughts.

"Oh wait, I totally forgot, you can't walk silly me! Here let me get those for you."

I handed my dishes to him and unzipped my sweatshirt, revealing a red and white striped tee-shirt.

"I can take that as well," Leonard said.

Before I could answer he zipped past me and grabbed my sweatshirt out of my hand and threw it over the back of the
couch. Was he trying to impress me??

I looked over my shoulder and noticed Sheldon for the first time in a while. He was slouched over his empty bowl twirling his fork around on the bottom with a blank expression on his face.

"Hey, Sheldon I hardly noticed you were there! What's up?" I asked with life in my voice.

Sheldon hardly acknowledged me. He stole a slight glance at me but then put his focus back on his empty bowl.

"Don't you worry Natalie, I'm totally used to not being noticed. It's quite alright."

My heart skipped a beat and I suddenly felt bad for him. I knew all too well how this felt. To be the one at the back of the room, to be the one left out. If the sidewalk was four people wide I would always be the friend walking in the back. I would be bouncing between groups, not knowing where to fit in. It was all so traumatizing. All that plus being so pressured at home. Since my father was always at work in his office it was me and my mother a lot. When she would talk to me it would only be about studies and science or history related. I was so confused about life in my middle school years. As I started to be bullied I had nowhere to turn since my parents both never talked to me on a human level. So I mean my childhood wasn't the best but it was better than some. I was just relieved I was out of that house.

By the time I had finished my thoughts and flashback on life I had totally forgotten about Sheldon once again. I looked over at him to see that he was gone. Maybe he was right, people really don't notice him...

Author- Hey! I'd just like to thank everyone for the support and things, it's so surreal to me that people actually bother to read this. Votes and comments are so appreciated and I'd like to shoutout uwuwhatitdo as a response for shouting out me. Her story is very great and if you like "The Misfits" go read her book!! -Chloe:)