Part Seven

That Night

As the light that was shining through the windows was begun to fade I noticed night was approaching. This scared me. I had been here all day and I hadn't even seen the building of my apartment complex. That also meant that I would have to stay the night with the boys...I didn't know how that would go. Since Sheldon had randomly disappeared I decided to ask Leonard.

"Hey Leonard, this is a weird question but uh, where am I going to sleep tonight?"

Leonard was sitting on the couch on his phone when I asked. He looked up and turned around towards the back to face me.

"Oh yes now that you mentioned it would you like to stay here for a while? I mean you can't really walk so you don't have much of a choice but I'm just asking."

Leonard seemed to ramble on about the last part. I could tell he wasn't the most confident person in the world but I knew I wasn't one to judge. On the other hand, I did want to stay with the guys. They were interesting and I felt like I could become good friends with them. But Leonard was right. I couldn't really walk, so if I was alone in my apartment how could I get around?

"Leonard that's a nice offer, thank you. I'd be happy to stay with you for a while until I get better."

The present silence between us was killing me. The whole time it was awkward. I was convinced it was because of it me.

"Ok then, well there's no way that Sheldon would give up his room so you can sleep in mine if you'd like. I can sleep out here on the couch."

I could tell Leonard really didn't want to but he was trying his best to be a gentleman. I appreciated that but I couldn't help but notice a little part inside of me wanted for him to sleep next to me. I quickly diminished the thought though.

Goddammit, Natalie knock it off! I hissed at myself.

"Oh...ok that sounds good. Are you sure that you can sleep out here? This is your apartment. I don't mean to invade." I said.

"Nonsense, I'm the one who caused you to even have to sleep here in the first place. You should get the comfort of an actual bed." Leonard insisted.

"No, I totally insist. Um uh—" I paused trying to make my tone more commanding, "really I can sleep out here Leonard." I said as a command.

He seemed surprised. I didn't think he wanted to argue about it so he gave in.

"Well ok then, if you really do insist." He shrugged.

He got up from the couch and put his phone in his pocket as he walked over to a closet. He pulled out some blankets and a pillow. Soon he had the couch set up as a little bed for me.

I smiled and thanked him. Naturally, I tried to walk over there from the table but soon after I remembered my inability. Leonard seemed to notice my struggle so he walked over to me shyly and grabbed my hand.

Just as his fingers touched mine I could feel my face heating up. I then established that Leonard's hand in mine was one of my top favorite feelings, despite my mind's objections. He led me slowly to the couch, lifting my arm up and over my head as if I were a princess and he swept me off my feet and laid me down onto the couch.

"Voilà!" Leonard said in a cute French accent.

I full-on gushed with laughter at that one. Leonard had done it! He had managed to turn me, a tight scheduled, mature, schoolgirl into a giggly child in just one day.

I had let my walls be taken down too easily. I was letting my strict expectations bend down a little. And for that, I scolded myself. But at the same time, I knew that was only the beginning, that I Natalie Goodman was maybe not such a mommy's girl goody two shoes anymore.

Author- Hey again! After I publish this part I will begin writing the next one right away and publish that right away. I don't have school tomorrow because of the weather so I don't really have to be to bed at a certain time. I hope you all like what I'm starting to do with Natalie and Leonard! -Chloe ;-;