Part Nine

-The Next Morning-

I fluttered my eyes open as the daylight seeped through my eyelids. The curtains were open and the sun was shining bright.

Shoot, I thought, I forgot to take out my contacts!

This was something I often did. Ever since fifth grade, I've had them and they had been a lifesaver from bullying. Though they were a pain in the butt I still greatly appreciated them.

I blinked through my blurring vision and sat up. That's when I remembered it all. I was in someone else's bed! I turned to see the back of...SHELDON!? Panic set in.

"SHIT!" I yelled.

As soon as I did I slapped my hands over my mouth. That had been really loud and I usually didn't swear.

Sheldon was a nice guy in all but definitely not the dating type. I for sure wanted to be his friend but maybe not anything more...

He could not wake up to see me next to him. I thought this would have been Leonard! I wasn't surprised though, my luck has always been sucky.

I immediately sprang out of bed and kept my eyes on him. He jumped and shot his head up. His eyes were wide open.

"Hey watch your profanity!" He scolded in a groggy voice.

My heart was beating a mile a minute. My palms seemed to bead with sweat.

"S—sorry?" I asked.

Sheldon sat up still covered in blankets. His dark brown hair was immensely messed up in all directions and he had a hand over a side of his face. He let his hand drop which allowed a ray of sun to shoot directly into his gorgeous sky blue eyes, lighting them up. I caught my breath.

Maybe I was wrong, his eyes could be the kind you could get lost in.

"Excuse me?!" Sheldon scowled, "may I ask exactly what you're doing in here?"

"Oh uh, nothing I just..." I said at a loss for words.

Suddenly Leonard barged in. He was in a red patterned bathrobe.

"Sheldon! And okay never mind I'm just gonna leave now..." He said uncomfortably once he realized me.

"No no please continue this isn't what you think!" I said quickly.

"Ok then, well anyway what do you guys want for breakfast?" He asked.

"Ooo I'll take eggs!" Sheldon smiled like a kid.

"I guess I will too," I said.

Leonard nodded and backed out of the room still looking uncomfortable. I took it upon myself to speed walk out right after him, this was all too much. Once we were out of the hallway and in the kitchen Leonard got out a frying pan and some eggs.

"If you have feelings for him you should just tell him you know," Leonard said while cracking the eggs.

They made a sizzling sound in the pan and he turned up the heat of the stove.

"What no that's not it at all!" I said sheepishly as I sat down on the island table.

"Well then what is it then?"

"Not that..." I trailed.

"So it is something then?"

"I don't know...he has this personality," I said putting a hand to my cheek.

I held my breath. I had left that statement way too vague.

Leonard seemed to have taken it the wrong way though.