Part Five

"Do you not realize what you have just done?!How cold-hearted you are?! I cannot believe that I'll have to spend the night in the slammers! Thanks a lot!" Sheldon cried.

He threw his arms up in the air and slumped on the couch. I couldn't help but snicker.

"What could be so funny?" Sheldon pressed, sounding very annoyed.

"Just you, your reaction. It amuses me," I grinned.

Sheldon furrowed his brow and cocked his head at me.

"Oh, so you called the police on someone and now your laughing about it?? How nice of
you. We even cared for you!" Sheldon fumed.

Trying not to laugh I said, "Sheldon relax. It was a joke! You're so gullible!"

Sheldon abruptly stood up.

"Okay let me get this straight. You deceived me? How dare you joke about that! Jail isn't a joking matter. Don't you understand the horrors and abundance of germs I would have had to go through?" Sheldon quavered.

He didn't seem mad nor did he seem happy, but he definitely wasn't amused by my prank. There was something else that caught my attention, though, he was a germaphobe as well? Very interesting. I turned to him, deciding to address the subject.

"Oh, of course, I know what you mean Sheldon. I too am a germaphobe myself!" I laughed, "I totally know how you feel, it's gross!"

His face slightly lit up at my comment. He half smiled and it kind of made my smile widen.

"So what your saying is that you hate physical contact?" He assumed.

"Yup, it's unnecessary and so unclean," I confirmed.

"And you hate the feeling of being in a crowd of filthy people and one happens to brush past you??"

"Well of course, who knows the various diseases or germs they could be carrying!"

"You also despise that awkward moment when your relatives come home for Christmas and come in for that revolting hug??" Sheldon shuddered at that one.

"Oh yes, especially that one," I answered.

"You're uncomfortable when you're on an airplane and you suddenly have to use the restroom and the only one around is infested with a horrendous amount of germs!?" Sheldon said, wide-eyed and horrified.

"Yes, yes, yes!" I beamed, "finally someone who gets it!"

I lowered myself back down on the couch and turned to face Sheldon.

"I'm Natalie Goodman," I said with a cautious hand held out.

"I'm sure you already are aware, but I'm Sheldon Cooper," Sheldon chided and offered his hand out as well, "oh, um would you like an air handshake?"

I chuckled, "Of course!"

We nodded our hands up and down, five inches away from each other, daring not to touch.

"So, Natalie, may I ask why you've come to Pasadena?"

"Of course, I am an Archaeologist and a part-time college professor here. I teach history, but only in the winters. I graduated from the University of La Crosse in Wisconsin. I'm here because I was told there was a job opportunity for me and I'd like to apply. But otherwise, I definitely wouldn't have picked this place as my choice of residence. I was on my way to my new apartment when your friend hit me.. " I trailed off at those words.

Sheldon totally ignored what I had said about the crash and skipped right to the question he had.

"Wait wait so like Indiana Jones!?" He flashed with a child-like smile.