Chapter 22- Running...

Crystal’s POV

One of my best friends was a Vampire hunter.

I was in love with a Vampire and live with a bunch of Vampires.

But the main reason I was quite was because…

I’m the cause of all this chaos, me alone.

How could I create so much damage? When I have done nothing…why am I so special to these Vampire!

*  *   *  *  *

I got up off the lounge in a rush and ran out of the door, I had to get away from here; I had to let myself think. I heard the distant call ‘Crystal stop!’ from Charlie, I didn’t care I just kept running. I kept running until I couldn’t hear the sound of Charlie’s footsteps behind me, I didn’t even care that I was getting cut from the branches I just kept running until I was out of breath.

I heaved over, my breathing coming out in short breaths. I noticed there was a knocked down tree and I sat down on the log, taking in long breaths. The crunch of a leaf made me snap my head up, I looked around searching for anyone but no one was there. I gulped down the bile in my throat and got up off the log, I turned around and no one was there…It has to be my imagination.

Two strong arms wrapped around my waist, scaring the crap out of me. I turned around in their grip and was faced with…Duncan? Shit! He was still in the dungeons when we left, I completely forgot about him…

“Nice to see you again, what are you doing out here all by yourself?” He said is eyes holding a dark tint to them, he moved closer to my face so I could feel his breath on my skin.

“Running away,” I said simply, I tried moving out of his grip but it was securely around my waist. He chuckled sickly at me, his eyes turning to a blood red. This was not the Duncan I knew…

“What happened to you?” I exclaimed pushing him away from me with all the strength I had, he didn’t budge but let go of me. He watched me for a second and shook his head in defiance; his eyes turned back his usual green.

“Crystal I-I have to go, someone is coming” In an instant Duncan was gone and I was left by myself…I collapsed to the floor, feeling as if the worlds hands were on my shoulder and it kept weighing me down.

“Crystal, there you are” I looked up to see Victoria with a bow in her hand, a slack of arrows swung over her shoulder. “She’s over here” She yelled behind her, she smiled at me kindly and crouched down next to me.

“You OK, no one just-

“Crystal!” Alec said in a panicked voice, he scooped me up in his arms holding me close to his chest. “I was so worried, I’m so sorry for upsetting you baby,” He said in a bit of a rush, but I heard every word. Alec kissed my forehead affectionately pulling me out a little in his air-crushing hug; I smiled up at him and kissed his cheek. I saw behind him Victoria was standing next to Charlie, there faces washed over with relief.

“It’s not your fault, I-I was just over-welled. I guess I just need some space,” I said not even believing my own words, he watched me concerned but shook it off as he engulfed in another bone crushing hug.

“Come on beautiful, we can go back to the house now” I just let Alec carry me back to his home; I snuggled into his chest holding back the tears in my eyes. In an instant we were back at Alec’s home, not the little cottage we were in but he took us back to his mansion. I lifted my head off Alec’s chest to notice he was walking us back up the stairs; I looked around before Alec reached the top of the stairs and I noticed there was whole new furniture.