Chapter 26- You have a twin!

Chapter 26-

Amy’s POV

“James where are we going? I thought you wanted me to learn some defence?” I asked curiously as James led me past the swarms of vampires and kept walking till we reached the forest, he kept dragging me through the shallow of trees.

We suddenly stopped till we came to a clearing, he led me to a fallen down tree truck pulling me onto his lap. I smiled knowing there was a heated blush on my cheeks as he rubbed his fingers along my cheek making me shiver.

“What are we doing out here?” I asked raking my fingers through the back of his hair.

“Just wanted some alone time with you” I looked away as a blush crept over my cheeks making James chuckle. He grabbed my chin gently in his hand turning me back to his face, he pressed his lips gently to mine as I turned and straddled his lips but there was something wrong…I just couldn’t put my finger on it.

His lips kissed me back hungrily taking me off guard; his hands gripped my waist tightly making me wince as his grip tightened. I tried pulling away from him but he wouldn’t let me go, I bit his tongue making him pull away as his face screwed up.

“What the f*ck!” He growled grabbing my hands firmly in his grasp, I tried struggling away from him but he wouldn’t let me.

“What is wrong with you?” I hissed as he locked my hands in one of his own, his lips turned up into a devious smirk. This was not the James I knew.

“Who the hell are you?” I spat, as his smirk only seemed to grow, his eyes darkening this was not James, who the f*ck is this?

“I’m Jayden…James’s twin brother, I can’t believe you didn’t notice the difference…pity really” He commented standing up, still having a firm grip on my hands. I tried prying my hands from his but he was a stronger vampire than me, I even result in kicking but that got me nowhere. Suddenly a group of vampires were with us, around about five of them including Jayden- not many but they were intimidating. There were two girls, who looked to be running the show while the guys were just there pretty much as bodyguards.

“So this is Amy?” A woman with washed out blonde hair and silver/blue eyes asked, looking oddly familiar to another one of the vampires.

“Yup” Jayden said unamused, the lady looked me up and down- I don’t know what the hell she was doing but it was making me uncomfortable!

“Do you mind?” I spat my eyes narrowing at her; she looked up into my eyes chuckling humourlessly to herself before taking a menacing step towards me clutching my chin in her hand.

“What your mouth!” She hissed in my face, her eyes turning a pitch black. “Or you’ll look like your poor little boyfriend” She said in a mock voice before I looked past her to see James being chucked to the floor, his body lifeless as a wooden stake was stuck in his side.

“James!” I cried managing to get out of Jayden’s grip to fall beside James, cradling his head in my lap. Tears were flowing from my eyes as I bent my head beside James and I could faintly hear Jayden’s conversation.

“You promised me you wouldn’t kill him,” He hissed under his breath to the woman.

She chuckled in response before reply. “He’s not dead just…let’s say paralysed” 

I lifted my head from James, wiping away the tears that are trailing down his pale white cheeks. Out of anger I grabbed the stake and threw it at the bitch, it lodged into her side making me grin.

“Mum!” Her son- I assumed- screamed before he was pinning me to the floor, his fangs dangerously close to my neck. I saw out of the corner of my eyes the other girl helping her pull out the stake and help her up but what surprised me was when I saw Jayden look down at his brother, his eyes holding tears in them before he shook them away and his blank stare returned.