look at me like you're in love (au) | 2

| an: in honor of TATBILB SEQUEL TAPING STARTING TODAY... might as well update! love and peace to all! disclaimer; CTO for the photos! |

_________
covinsky au:
photographer lara jean and model peter
part two

_________covinsky au: photographer lara jean and model peter part two

________

lara jean

      "Covey!" How does Peter Kavinsky even remember me?

I stand in shock when I blink repeatedly, hoping this wasn't real, but it was real. "You're PK?"

"Yes?" He answers me confusingly. With his eyebrows scrunched together, Peter looks me up and down. "You're Lara Jean."

I take a deep breath before we both greet each other with a formal handshake. "Mr. Kavinsky—"

"Lara Jean, you can just call me PK." Peter insists while I lead the two of us to the conference room.

As I almost enter the conference room, I get pulled back out in the huddle of Kitty and Jade. "Lara Jean! You did not tell me you know the hottest and newest model, PK!"

I roll my eyes at Jade's comment. "I didn't know either. Did you not see how in shock I was?"

Kitty stays quiet until she lets out a gasp, "Wait! He's the guy you used to have a crush on."

"Kitty!" I throw my hands up in frustration as Jade screams right next me.

"I don't know how you know, but I will talk to you after this meeting." I leave Kitty and Jade in the hallway and finally walk into the conference room.

Peter stands up from his seat and waits for me to sit until we start the meeting.

"Good afternoon, Mr. PK. My name is Lara Jean."

"Good afternoon, Lara Jean."

The rest of the meeting, Peter and I discuss the conditions, meeting times, and locations for where I wanted to shoot his GQ photoshoot.

"So today, we'll get some headshots and see where your angles are cause that's the only way I could get a perspective of you."

Peter gives me one of his old boyish smirk. No wonder he's a model, even the old Lara Jean fell for his looks. "Haven't you already been used to looking at me all those years in school?"

I feel my cheeks heat up and ignore Peter's eyeing me. I stand up from my seat without taking another look at him, "Let's get going so I don't waste anymore time from your busy schedule."

"Don't mind me. I love this high school reunion, Covey!" He says while following me out of the room.

"I forgot to tell you," I turn around to face him, "Please call me Lara Jean."

"Okay, "Lara Jean..."" Peter repeats with air quotes around my name.

I narrow my eyes at his lack of professionalism around people he works with, or is he doing this because we were acquaintances in high school? This was going to be a stressful week.

       "By the way, nice studio." Peter comments looking at his surroundings. He sits in front of a white table while I pick through my choices of cameras to use on him.

"Thanks," I finally pick a camera before he waits for my orders, "Let's start... I usually encourage my clients to just have fun in headshots to loosen up."

Peter smiles at me, "Got it!"

I start to click away while he continues to smile at me with different angles, but I cringe when he starts to look awkward. "I think we had enough of the smiling, maybe we could try something different?"

"What look should I do?"

"Maybe try serious..." Peter takes my suggestion while I adjust my lens in order to do a portait shot. He clasps his hands and looks at the corner of a room. "Look here."

Peter looks at the camera bringing his eyebrows together.

I snap more photos until I have enough to look at and study. "Maybe we could do goofy ones now."

Instantly, Peter models a couple of goofy faces until I see him laugh at himself and that's when I get the shot. "That was great, Peter." I walk towards him and show him the last shot of him laughing.

He thanks me and peers over my shoulder. "So what now?"

"Your serious, seductive looks are really the looks I want to focus on since I feel like you're more comfortable doing them. As well the ones where you laughed, it's better to catch someone in their natural side."

I take a look at my side to see that Peter was standing too close to me. "Let's get more of your natural poses then we'll be done for the day." Peter gets back into position before I start to shoot his natural poses once more.

       "So you really didn't know I was PK?" Peter ask while I upload the photos to show him some of the photos.

I nod trying to focus on my work. "I have this tradition I do before working with models."

We both stay quiet until she starts again, "Do you still talk to anyone from school?"

"No." This is the part where all of the awkwardness from high school comes haunting me back. Even worse, I start to think about the blue box that still holds all the letters I wrote. "Do you?"

Peter looks deep in thought until he answers, "Nah, I thought lacrosse was my thing, but unfortunately a simple sprain led to multiple sprains and now I'm here."

"I'm sorry." I truly did mean it.

After a few moments, Peter and I look over the photos until we dicuss the shoots for tomorrow.

"Thanks for today and I guess I'll see you again." I look up at Peter and give him a smile.

He grins, "It was nice knowing that I'll be your inspiration for the next few days."

I finally let out a giggle out of the seriousness I faced Peter with today. "Goodbye Peter."

All of a sudden, Peter stands straight and faces me, "Lara Jean, do you maybe wanna go on a date?"

I look at Peter and see his nervousness as he plays with his fingers. I know exactly what to tell him.

"No."

to be continued...
__________

| an: i'm listening to Style and my covinsky heart is exploding!!
also, PART THREE will be the ending i promise!

all the love and happiness,
nik |