goodnight n go (college au)

P.S. this will contain spoilers from the trilogy... you have been warned!

« covinsky college au of  late night calls and long distance romance »

LJSC

My eyes open wide when I hear my phone vibrate over and over again. I check it was my alarm, but I see Peter's smiling face flash on my screen. I answer immediately without looking at the time. "Lara Jean."

"Peter, it's the middle of the night and we're supposed to be sleeping." I keep my eyes close and just listen to soothing voice. 

"Happy birthday." I narrow my eyes when I look at the time. 12:02 am.

I almost laugh when I remember our conversation before we both went to sleep. "You told me that two hours ago."

He chuckles to himself. "Yeah, but today is your birthday... It didn't count earlier."

"Thank you Peter."

"You're welcome Lara Jean." I can almost hear Peter smiling, it should be illegal.

I bury myself deeper into my blankets and pillow to hide myself. "Okay, goodnight and I love you."

"I love you too, Covey." My cheeks heat up when I hear his reply.  "Sorry for ruining your beauty sleep."

"It was a lovely interruption." I comment out loud because I know he must feel guilty for waking me up at this hour, but I love him too much to hate him. "Goodnight."

___

When Peter and I enrolled in different colleges, we promised each other to call one another even if it's the busiest of all days and we only had a minute to talk to each other. So far we're still keeping promise strong.

I sit on my bed waiting for Chris to come back any moment. "Peter, do you ever just wonder if we'll get in a huge fight and we'll break up?" I asks out of curiosity.

Peter yawns and answers me, "I don't think so, we usually have nothing to fight about anyway."

I nod agreeing with him. "But what if—"

"Lara Jean, are you hinting something?"

I bring my knees up to my chest and hug them. "No... My classmate just broke up with her boyfriend today just because she didn't trust him enough at another school."