promises are meant to be broken

/ an: i want to cry and apologize how late this update was— this was one of my busiest week this whole month because of my family visiting! /

« covinsky prom au;
enchanted by taylor swift »

« covinsky prom au; enchanted by taylor swift »

LJSC

There I was again tonight, forcing laughter, faking smiles
Same old tired, lonely place

[freshman year]

I sit at the empty table right next to the table full of food. I sigh to myself while I watch everyone interacting with each other. Why did I come again?

I look through the crowd and stop when I see a few teachers looking at me. I hover my hand over my forehead to cover my eyes. Before I see her, Mrs. Paterson walks towards me. "Lara Jean, why don't you go dance?"

"Uh, I don't..." I trace the outline of my cup from getting any more weirded out that a teacher had to come to a student, not because I was dancing inappropriately, but because I was simply alone.

"Just throw your hands and move around." Mrs. Paterson oddly moves around in a circle and tries to dance.

I give her a straight smile and thumbs up everytime she faces me from her circles.

"Nice moves, Mrs. P!" Someone comments right next to me. Mrs. Paterson and I turn our heads to the new person besides us. Peter frowns, "Hey, why'd you stop?"

"Thank you, Peter... I'll go ahead and leave you with Lara Jean." She waves goodbye and joins her huddle of teachers.

Peter looks around at everyone before his eyes meet mine. "Anyone sitting?"

It takes me a second to process what Peter just asked. "No..." I scoot over for him to sit down next to me.

"Do you have a date?"

"I actually don't." I glance to see him nodding his head. "Do you?"

"I did, but she's nowhere to be found." Peter says while I search for Gen through the crowd.

The same exact time, I see Gen and her group of friends looking at us and whispering at each other. Why did he say that when Gen's obviously staring at us? "Lara Jean, do you wanna dance?"

My eyes grow big when I hear him. "Me? You're asking me to dance?"

Peter quickly smiles at me and grabs my hand to make me stand up. "Yeah, why not?"