bus trip (movie au)

« au based on if lara jean didn't reject peter on the way to the trip... P.S. I will get some ideas from the book so heads up »

 I will get some ideas from the book so heads up »

PGK

Knock knock knock. "Come in!" I mumble against my pillow and wait for the person to come into my room.

"Peter, honey, it's time to wake up." Mom says while opening the curtains.

I squint when the morning light finally hits my eyes. "Oh God, remind me why I have to wake up earlier than I'm supposed to?"

"You told me last night that you were picking up Greg and you look like you didn't exactly pack for the weekend." She picks the blue duffle bag at the end of my bed.

I check my phone and see all these notification fill up my screen. I stare at it blankly seeing it's text messages from Gen and a few from the guys, but none from Lara Jean. "Hey Mom, do you mind packing the food I bought yesterday?"

She walks out towards the door before turning at me, "Peter, I packed the water and chips. You're going with Lara Jean?" I nod. "Well, I'll go pack some extra sandwiches just in case the chips won't do."

I thank her. "Wait, don't forget the little yogurt smoothies in the fridge." Mom gives me an okay and goes downstairs to the kitchen.

I continue to pack my duffle with the remainder of clothes I prepared before it was time to go. I feel my back pocket vibrate indicating a text.

From: Greg - I'm gonna sleep in for another thirty minutes, don't wait up for me. Btw, you sitting next to Largie?

To: Greg - Yeah dude

Once I was all set to go, I walk downstairs to grab the plastic bag filled with goodies that I bought for Lara Jean and I. Ever since hanging out the Song sisters, as they call themselves, I've been paying attention to what they snack on frequently. "Thanks Mom again!"

She smiled at me. "You're welcome and have fun at the trip!"

"Thanks." I hug her goodbye and head to my jeep to set my bags in the passenger seat.

I checked the clock that flash, 7:15. I take a deep breath and start my car. I look behind for a second and wonder if those snacks are enough to last us in the four hour drive. Those will do, especially the ones that Lara Jean won't expect!

"Hey Peter!" Gen calls behind me.

I hold the snack bag away from Gen cause I know she'll inspect it. "Hey Gen."

"You didn't text me last night..." She bats her eyes and looks at me like I'm the apple of her eye, but nope! That just can't do.

"I was busy, but hey, I have to go save a spot for me and Lara Jean."