you gonna marry me, covey? (marriage au) | 2

/ an: a very much long awaited part 2. my apologies, i really didn't know how i wanted this part to go... P.S. hopefully i can update every week now, i just had a long break bc it was my BIRTHDAYYYY! hooray ✨ /

______________
covinsky au:
"you gonna marry me, covey?"
part ii

______________covinsky au:"you gonna marry me, covey?" part ii

LJSC
______________

          I freeze at an instant when I turn around and find Peter holding onto a dozen of roses. "Hi."

Hi. It's times like these when I wonder if the movies were right. When moments when a person who used to be close, instantly comes back in a time least expected. I guess it's my fault, I came back to a place where I knew Peter would be the most.

"Peter Kavinsky." John leaves my side walking up to Peter to give him a handshake.

My body goes stiff when I'm taken back to the tree house where we all had our mini reunion in high school.

Peter returns the handshake and before I can focus on anything else, John's already on his way to this car. "Lara Jean, see ya tomorrow!"

I give John a small smile while he drives off his own way leaving me alone with Peter. I'm too scared to look at his direction. How am I supposed to act when I haven't seen my first and former boyfriend after a few years?

"Hey, Lara Jean. I'm just dropping by to give these to Kitty." Peter points at the roses and proceeds to walk closer to me.

I wrinkle my eyebrows in confusion. "Kitty?"

A sudden scream from behind me interrupts our bubble full of tension. "Lara Jean, you're back home!" She looks at me and then at the person next to me, "Peter!? I can't believe you're here too... What a coincidence that you visit when Lara Jean is back from California."

"But you call--" Peter starts before he gets interrupted by Kitty.

My little sister laughs out loud and grabs the roses from his fingers. "Did I? I must have forgot." She hides her face from my glare before entering the house.

I turn back to Peter and nervously try to avoid his gaze.

"How's life?" He asks.

"It's okay. How about you?"

"It's doing okay." Peter says until it's silent again. "Well, you must be tired from the flight, you should rest up."

I nod. "It's nice seeing you again."

Peter finally lets out a small smile for the first time we saw each other again. "It was nice seeing you too, Lara Jean." He walks away without another glance or goodbye.