you are so beautiful (college au)

P.S. this has a cute spoiler... in book 3, Kitty teaches Peter how to braid LJ's hair because LJ can't braid for her own life.

« peter kavinsky attempts to braid lara jean's hair, but he just can't get it right, as usual »

LJSC

I always love getting my hair braided by my sister... not my boyfriend, but here he is trying to do it.

I wince at the slight pain from my hair being pulled in so many directions. "Peter, you'll never get it right."

"Lara Jean, I think your hair is the problem." He heavily sighs and untangles my hair again. "Kitty! I need your help again!"

It's a few weeks before our first semester of college and Peter has yet to learn how to braid my hair how Kitty has taught him. Kitty used to and still does my hair, but Peter promised to himself that he would know how to braid my hair while we were in school.

"Hello! You're interrupting my movie! I told you I would help you after it ends." Kitty turns back to the television while Peter scoffs and sits back.

I hop up from the floor and plop myself next to him. I lean my chin on his shoulder and look at the side of his face. "Hey, don't be bummed out. You still have about two years to practice!"

He turns his head to look straight at me. "Yeah, but isn't it better if I learn it faster? So you won't have to bother Kitty so much."

"Peter, I don't really care if you'll never learn it. That isn't really one of the qualities I expected in a boyfriend."

"It just sucks you know."

I laugh a little to lighten his mood. "Hey, why are you making such a big deal out of this?"

"I just want to be a perfect boyfriend..." Peter gives me a little pout. I lean forward and peck him on the lips.

"Ew!" I hear Kitty exclaim next to us.

I roll my eyes at her. "Aren't you supposed to be watching?"

"Aren't you two supposed to be studying?" She faces back to her movie and pays no more attention to us.

I frown for a moment before turning back to Peter. Kitty's been making both of us feel guilty because we're both leaving her, but Peter promises to come back to visit when he's done with classes. I cross my arms in front of myself, "And for you, Peter, stop stressing about my hair. You should be thinking about the lacrosse practice and moving in."

Peter grabs a pillow and hugs it against him. "No one wants to think about school."

"I know," I lean my head on Peter's shoulder, "I'm sorry."

He lets go of the pillow and wraps his arm around my shoulder. "It's all good, Covey."

__________

Since my exams ended early, I drove back home for my four day weekend. It's passed two months after Peter's first attempt on braiding my hair and he promised me he got better every time we would talk on the phone.

"Look, I can do it!" Peter sits on the counter while he pats the bar stool for me to sit on.

"My dad is going to kill you if he sees where you're sitting." I check the time just in case it is time for Dad to come home.

Kitty stands next to us before Peter lifts her up to sit next to him. I look at the two of them suspiciously. "What are you guys doing?"

"I'm his assistant, Lara Jean." Kitty explains while she turns me around so they get started on my hair. I smile to myself when they can't see my face anymore. I love how Peter kept true to his word that he would look after Kitty while I was in UNC, though I get a little jealous that they get to see each other in person while I have to see both of them through FaceTime.

Peter gathers all the strands in his hand and separate them into three parts. I feel him already twisting my hair into a braid then stop for a moment before fixing it again. I almost laugh when I sense Kitty's hands trying to fix the bigger loop on one side.

"Are you guys good back there?" I ask and take out my phone to turn on my camera selfie to see the reflection of Peter and Kitty with their rather confused faces.

"Yeah, we're good back here, Covey." Peter says and intently concentrates on my hair while Kitty throws peace signs for me and the two of us pose. Another minute passes when Peter asks for scrunchie and ties my hair. "All done!"

I walk into the living room and look at my reflection. I cringe when I see one side of my head is poofy than the other side. "Do you like it?" He stands and hugs me from behind.

"It looks better than when you first did it, but it's tolerable." I comment and give him a big smile.

"You hate it."

"No I don't. I love it."

I turn around and almost wish I was still wearing my platforms. "You are so beautiful, Lara Jean. Even with the messiest hair."

"Thank you for making me feel beautiful Peter." I get on my tip toes and kiss him on the lips.

/ an: okay, that was another short one shot, i apologize! i kept planning future books rather than planning what i was going to write in this one shot.

also, i watched Sierra Burgess Is A Loser, i actually loved it because Noah was there, and Barb deserved the leading role after Stranger Things. HAHAHA.

but omg nothing can ever compare to the hype that TATBILB got!

P.S. NEW THINGS COMING SOON. & THANK YOU FOR THE 700 READS OF THIS BOOK. IM SO HAPPY THAT I CAN WRITE COVINSKY ONE SHOTS AND HAVE PEOPLE LOVE THEM AS MUCH AS ME.

lots of love, nikkie <3 /