halloween (marriage au)

/ an; wow, i'm waaaay late to this, but hello i'm back! exams and school got a hold of me!
P.S. Hope you guys liked THE NEW COVER!! it's cute!!! 

also, THANK YOU FOR ALL THE 20K READS. MY COVINSKY HEART IS BURSTING! / 

 MY COVINSKY HEART IS BURSTING! / 

LJSC-K

          It was finally the Halloween season, one of my favorite holidays of the year just because I get to convince Peter to do crafts with me.

"I didn't know carving pumpkins could be so slimy." Peter grabs all the insides and throws it inside the bag between him and I.

"See? If you didn't carve with me, you wouldn't have experienced the whole Halloween season." I smile brightly at him because I know he already hates it.

Peter and I continue to carve our pumpkins on the floor, the front door opens to Sophia holding onto a small pumpkin in her arms while Owen stands behind her as a lookout in case Sophia drops it.

"Pumpkin!" She exclaims when she reaches us.

I quietly wish Sophia gives her pumpkin to Peter, he can never say no to her. Just in time, he takes it out of her hold and promises to decorate it with Sophia.

"God, you really are a dad." Owen leans down and slaps the back of Peter's shoulders.

"Hey, don't hurt!" Sophia frowns and punches Owen's thigh.

I can't help the laugh that comes out of my mouth seeing Sophia stand up for Peter. "No fighting in this house, Owen."

Owen nods in defeat. "I'm sorry Sophie, forgive me?"

"Milkshake again?" Sophia asks.

Peter looks up and glares at Owen. "You took her to milkshakes?!"

His brother shrugs innocently. "She wanted some, how could I resist?"

"You have to pay for that—"

"Wait, maybe I have something for you." I cut their argument short. "Maybe, you two can carve pumpkins with Sophie while I finish up the costumes."

"I have school."

Peter suddenly lets out a loud laugh making Sophia jump beside him. "Covey, don't trust him... He babysits on this day!"

I roll my eyes and wash my hands so I could carry Sophia in my arms. "I knew that and you're lucky I already emptied my pumpkin."

The rest of the night, I finish the costumes while the brothers and Sophia complete their decent pumpkins for the Halloween season.

          It was finally minutes before trick or treating when I finish tidying up the rooms for our Halloween sleepover with Kitty.