Tell me about yourself

"A serpent? are you sure Mariah?" Sweets asks

"Yes why?"

"Just wondering. Don't you think your dad will be happy."

"Sweets it's something I want to do."

"Ok. Can I ask you something?" Sweets Asks

"Sure."

"Why were you a River Vixen"

"I became a River Vixen because I love gymnastics. I always have but, dad never had the money to put me in and that was fine. We needed the money for more important things like food, clothes, the bills. I understood that my family isn't as privileged as the Northsiders so I never pushed dad to get me into lessons. So, when we got to Riverdale High I found out there wasn't a gymnastic team i joined the cheer team and Cheryl and I became close friends in the process."

"Wow that's not what I expected what you say at all"

"What did you expected me to say?" I asks confused

"Something along the lines about how your embarrassed to grow up on the Southside."

"What do you take me for Sweet pea? A Northsider?"

"At first yeah I did."

"While I'm not. I'm proud to be raised on the south side. Yeah we don't have along but we have one thing that's more important then money.... we have loyalty." I say honestly as I look up at him.

"That's so true. What are you going to do with your sister?"

"I don't know. Moms coming tomorrow. I wish she could stay longer but she has to go back."

"Your really going to miss her aren't you?" He asks moving a piece of hair out of my face.

"Thanks. And of course I am she's my baby sister." I say as sweets just stares at me. "Why are you staring at me?" I ask

"Your so different then any other girls I have met."

"I hope that's a good thing."

"It's a great thing." Sweets smile

"You have an amazing smile pea."

"Thank you. You hungry?"

"A little." I say with a smile as he brings out two sandwiches. "They are Ham, pickles and Cheese and I brought some apple juice and cookies. Sorry it's a bit plain. I wasn't sur..."

"Hey it's fine I love all those things and I think this is very sweet of you Pea and romantic." I say with a smile as I take a bite of my sandwich and lay my head in he's shoulder.