taking care of jc

Start bij het begin

"i do," he replies when we pull apart. "because then i'll have to take care of your sick ass."

i laugh. "oh well." i simply shrug.

"fuck it. you took care of me anyway."

"and i've fucked ya," i say with a giggle.

"not the fucking time, lawley." he tries to punch me, but i dodge it just in time. he doesn't even try to do it again. he seems too weak to attempt it once more, to be honest.

"and when will the time come?" i set the medicine on our nightstand along with the container and get in bed with him. i instantly become the big spoon and jc becomes the little spoon.

"whenever i get better," he says back.

i smother him with more kisses. i leave a few marks on his neck.

"stop it, ki," he says more playfully than formidable.

"you know you don't want me to, jc."

"ah, ki, you know me all too well."

"well, after all, we are dating. not to mention we've been each other's best friend for years now. we know every single little thing about the other."

"too true, too true."

i grab his hand and place a final kiss on it. "i will always love you."

"isn't that part of a whitney houston song?" he asks me.

"pretty sure it is."

he laughs at me. "i cannot believe you sometimes, lawley."

i laugh right along with him. "what? too corny for ya, caylen?"

"no. of course not. whatever you say is hardly ever too corny to me."

i blush, even though he can't even see me do so. i cuddle him a little tighter than before. he coughs again, this time so hard his entire body trembles with each one. i start to run my hands through his tight curls, hoping that will help him in some shape or form. it doesn't seem to.

"fucking hell," i say. "i feel so useless not being able to help you anymore."

"don't, ki. there's nothing more that you can do for me. you've given me medicine, cuddled me, and treated me so damn well. i could never ask for a better person in my life."

i start to tear up a bit. "that's the sweetest thing anyone has ever said to me."

jc turns over to face me. he starts to tear up, too. "it's the truth."

"i know i've said this countless amounts of times, but i fucking love you jc caylen."

"and i love you, too, kian lawley."

we kiss again for what seems like an eternity until jc separates again and starts to cough, not as hard as before, though.

"aw, jay," i say.

"jay?" he asks.

"it's your new nickname."

"i like it."

"i'm glad you do."

he smiles wide and turns over again, no longer facing me. we start to cuddle again. jc ends up falling asleep in my arms, his coughing finally coming to a halt. soon after, i fall asleep, too.

~~~

i wake up suddenly. i look at the empty spot where jc was. i instantly panic, wondering where he's gone. he comes out of the bathroom, his hair wet, wearing one of my t-shirts and his boxers. god, even like that he looks cute as fuck.

"i was wondering where you went, jay," i say, admiring him a bit.

"i just took a quick shower. i made sure to be as quiet as possible when i got out of bed. i didn't want to wake you," he says casually. "i'm feeling way better, too. it feels like my fever has gone down by a ton."

i smile through my sleepiness. "i'm glad to hear that."

a small cough escapes from his mouth. "i've still got the cough though."

"hopefully that goes away, too."

i beckon jc to come a bit closer. i feel his cheeks and forehead. they're not as hot as they were before. i breathe a sigh of relief.

"come on, let's keep cuddling," i say, indicating that jc should get back in bed with me.

"alright, ki," he says cheerfully.

we spend the rest of the day and night like that, with me still as the big spoon and jc still as the little spoon.