19; undoing

ik this is gross and this isnt the update u wanted from me lol please dont euthanise me for this bye

cw for omorashi/piss lol sorry

————————

George is deep in three glasses of water, a bottle of flavoured vitamin water and some orange juice when he realises something's not...quite right. At first he thinks it's a bout of nervousness, brought on from thinking about posting the video that he's editing, and he quickly waves it off. He always gets a bit anxious before posting, and George knows he's not the only one that does. It's nothing he can't deal with by now.

Yet, there's still something sitting in his gut, distracting enough that he sighs to himself and runs a hand through his hair. He can't pinpoint it; George is in the mindset of editing, set too heavily on timestamps and clips and edits to realise what it could mean.

Alex is in the living room, having returned from recording a podcast episode not too long ago. He'd instantly put Spotify on the TV, and it's loud enough that George thinks he could do with the company right now. It wouldn't be the first time either of them had edited together and George is certain this won't be the last. Maybe it'll soothe whatever this is he's feeling right now.

"Hey," Alex greets him when George walks in, and he replies with the same sentiment. George easily loses himself back in his work, editing almost mindlessly until Alex pipes up.

"I got you a milkshake from McDonald's, by the way." Alex tells him, and George hums in acknowledgment. "It's on the counter."

"Cheers," George slips off one headphone to hear Alex over the sound of his own voice on the video. "Can you pass it to me?"

Alex scoffs, barely looking up from his phone. "Can't you get it?"

"I could," George pretends to sound considering, but soon sighs and slumps back in the seat. "But I'm editing. Just pass it over, yeah? Think of all the times I've had to get something for you 'cause you're too fuckin' lazy to get up."

Alex makes a sad noise but stands regardless, slipping the condensation-covered cup into George's hand as he passes by the chair again. "You don't have to be mean about it."

"Nobody else is gonna do it, are they?" George says, and Alex pouts at him like it's a personal insult. "Shut up, you baby."

"Says the one who's drinking a milkshake, like a child." Alex attempts to retort.

George only sighs and shakes his head, slipping the headphone back over his ear as he takes a sip from the milkshake. He quickly loses himself back into his phase of editing and Alex becomes a background noise with too loud Twitter videos and posting updates on his Instagram story.

Over half an hour later, when the milkshake cup is empty and George is clipping and inserting parts of the video he'd reacted to, that same nervous feeling arises again. It's lower in his stomach now, distractingly heavy like a weight as he listens to his own voice. The weight doesn't let up and the editing gets harder to focus on, and soon George sighs, frustrated.

Alex had wandered off to his room at some point – which George is thankful for now that he realises he's pulling a face at his situation.

As a change of position, George tries to sit up using the short arms of the chair as leverage, only to wince when he's successfully sat up with his laptop perched on his knees. Jesus, he needs to piss like crazy.

A small noise unexpectedly breaks from his throat as soon as George attempts to sit up properly, to straighten his back, anything, but he always fails last second just as he's about to. George feels like he could cry suddenly, and he feels the first beginning dampness of panic reach his eyes before that same weighted feeling returns, like a pressure sitting on his stomach.