18; grindr

-the video where george signs alex up to grindr could you write about alex actually finding someone he likes to talk to on there and george getting jealous

ive watched the grindr video religiously, like literally its one of my go to videos of the og lads ugh

forgive me for my lazy text formatting in this too, i am very lazy and tired

also soz but i wont be posting for a while ): we're supposed to have internet the 27th but i have very very little data left and im getting access again before that so just bear with me on posting x

————————

George notices it first only a few days after they film the video. It's not like he's familiar with the app on first sight, but he can certainly recognise it after just spending a day or two messaging random blokes for a video.

"Is that–" George starts when he catches sight of Alex's phone over the back of the sofa, on his way to the kitchen. "Is that fucking Grindr?"

Alex cheeks instantly flush a heavy pink, locking his phone before George can snatch his phone away. "No, just a...just a messaging app. Not Grindr."

"Are you sure?" George snorts. Who knew that Alex would willingly try out the app after being involved in a video on it? "Because that certainly looks like Grindr."

"Bit worried you know what Grindr looks like, mate." Alex huffs back, folding his arms and hiding his phone. "No, I just–I tried it out to see if it was a laugh, is all."

"A laugh?" George exclaims, "What, 'Oh here's a picture of my cock, for a laugh'."

"I'm not showing strangers my cock, George." Alex huffs and stands from the sofa. "I'm just–" He pauses and bites his lip, looking up at George for a brief second. "I'm just talkin' to someone, is all. He's pretty nice."

"Oooh, Alex has a crush!" George calls out, as if there's anybody else but them in the flat to hear. "It's not good to talk to strangers, Alex, you know this."

"Why? Jealous it's not you?" Alex snaps back.

"Bet it is me, to be fair." George shrugs "Bet you're just using Grindr to get over your massive fucking crush on me, eh?"

Alex's cheeks warm instantly and he mutters a quick curse at George before storming off to his room. George laughs, but his grin soon falls. There's this ugly feeling sticking in his throat, and it only worsens when he goes over the conversation again. Instead of dwelling on its meaning, like George probably should be, he makes a ham sandwich.

————————

"So are you just gonna be on your phone all night?" George huffs over at Alex, settled on in the corner of Will's sofa. It's Alex's turn on FIFA next, and George can't see him putting down his phone for two seconds, let alone for a whole match.

Alex shoots him a look and returns back to his phone.

"Ah, let the boy enjoy his technology." James says to his left, dropping the controller into George's lap. He knows James is a bit shit at FIFA and has no clue what's going on, but he doesn't have to dump his matches on George all the time. "What's he even doing anyway?"

"George–" Alex warns, shooting him another look before he's cut off entirely.

"He's chatting up some bloke on Grindr." George spills, a little smug. "Alex showed me this guy's dick too, it's horrendous."

EIGHTH WONDER; memeulous & imallexxрдЬрд╣рд╛рдБ рдХрд╣рд╛рдирд┐рдпрд╛рдБ рд░рд╣рддреА рд╣реИрдВред рдЕрднреА рдЦреЛрдЬреЗрдВ