Chapter 44 - ADHD

The summer kind of sucked after the loss of my precious baby. Demi even let me take off the entire first week of school. Now I guess, I start high school. I tried to convince her to let me stay home longer, but she insisted that that wasn't good for this depression thing that she insists I have. Yeah, right. Today after school, she's taking me to the doctor. She thinks I have something known as ADHD. I don't even know what that is, but she insists I get checked out by a professional. Whatever, I am just making attempts at going with the flow.

"Morning beautiful." Demi said as I walked in to the kitchen.

"Morning." I said while I pulled my hair up into a ponytail.

She poured me a cup of coffee and handed me a bagel.

"Thank you." I said while taking small bites of the bagel. I'm not too worried about eating, I can just go throw it up at school. That's the best thing about school days.

After I finished eating, I headed out the door to the bus stop.

I'm taking the bus to school now. Demi has rehearsal in the mornings and I am in high school now. I think she is beginning to trust me.

Don't forget to come home right after school for your appointment. Demi texted.

Whatever. I responded.

The bus arrived and I hopped on.

"Hey." I said to the driver.

.

TRIGGER WARNING

I got off the bus and headed in to school. I immediately went to the bathroom and shoved two fingers down my throat, throwing up everything I had just ate. Afterwards, I dug the blade out of my backpack; rolled up my sleeve; and made one, two, three cuts. Watching the blood run down my left wrist, I wiped up the blood and got some bandaids out of my backpack, quickly bandaging them up.

I threw my backpack over my back.

I'm officially ready for the day now. I thought.

"Hey." Some random girl at the sink said.

"Hey." I said, not making eye contact.

"What were you doing in there?" She said.

"None of your business." I said.

"Come on Emily." She said, grabbing my wrist, causing me to wince at the pain, as I tried to leave.

"How the fuck do you know my name?" I said, rudely.

"Everyone knows your name. Your Demi's daughter." She said.

"O...kay. See ya." I said, waving goodbye with a little bit of a sarcastic gesture.

"You're beautiful. You don't have to throw up to be beautiful. It just comes naturally to you. I'm Kristine." She said holding out her hand for me to shake.

"Sierra, but like you already said, you know that." I smiled and continued with, "I gotta get to class, but here's my number". I said, writing down a phone number on a piece of paper I just so happened to have in my pocket. "I'll talk to you later." I said.

"Alright, see you." She said, waving me goodbye.

During the last class, I got a text Hey, it's Kristine. Save this number.

Will do. I responded.

The bell rang, I grabbed my backpack and headed out, hopping on the bus, and heading home. Demi would kill me if I was late.

"How was school?" She said, grabbing her keys immediately after I walked in the door.

"Great. I made a friend." I said.

"Awesome!" She said, embracing me in a hug.

We got in her black hummer and headed in to the doctor's.

I sat in the chair, impatiently tapping my foot while Demi checked me in. I hate waiting, especially in situation's like this. I don't even fucking have ADHD.

The doctor called me in.

"So, what are you going to do?" I asked the doctor.

"First of all, I am going to have you and Demi both fill out this questionnaire." He said, handing us both a three page questionnaire.

He left the room and we filled that out for the next 10 minutes.

"What the hell? I don't do any of these things."

Demi glared at me.

On a scale of 1-10, how impatient am I? Can I say 0?

I put a 0 beside all of the questions.

The doctor came in and grabbed our papers.

"Interesting answers Emily." He said.

"Come with me." I got up and followed hi, Demi following behind me.

He took me in to a room where I had to take a vision and hearing test.

After the tests, he looked at Demi and I both and said, "Emily does have almost all the symptoms of ADHD. I am going to order her some medication and you can pick that up at Dillon's this tomorrow morning."

"Alright, thank you so much." Demi told him and we walked out.

"He doesn't know what he's talking about." I told Demi.

"Nothing wrong with having ADHD."

Thanks for reading!

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!

Have a great day!

Love y'all!

"